D&D General The Double-Edged Sword: Is The New D&D Edition a Cash Grab in Disguise?

Remathilis

Legend
My apologies.. I was trying to read through this incredibly long thread while also look like I was working. I misinterpreted your comment.
All good. For what it's worth, I do think the 2024 books are a little more complicated than new art and layout. I don't think it is as big as a new edition, and I don't think using decimal values is overly helpful, but I think having the rules incorporating 10 years of design innovation is a net benefit.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Of note, at some point I picked up the three core books on D&D Beyond. I don't have any direct plans to play 5e again, but they're there if something comes up. Has WotC announced any plans of what they're doing about the core books there, or do the new versions of the classes come at a cost?
No announcement, but it seems probable that it will work similarly to Volo's Guide to Monsters and Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes being marked as "Legacy" content. I would expect the new Core books to be seperate purchases, same as Monsters of the Multiverse

Last edited:

Remove ads