• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Best Final Fantasy

Which is the best Final Fantasy game?

• FFI: WARRIORS! You must revive the power of the ORBS!

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • FFII: Frionel, Maria, and Guy must save the world from the evil Jade Demon.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FFIII: Four children are chosen by the Crystals to defeat the Demon King Zande.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FFIV: Sir Cecil Harvey of Baron quests to defeat Golbeze and become a paldin.

Votes: 12 15.8%
  • FFV: Bartz and crew seek to save two worlds from the evil Exdeath.

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • FFIV: Trite story about Terra, Locke, and the Returners vs. the evil sorcerer Kefka.

Votes: 25 32.9%
  • FFVII: Classic tale of Cloud Strife saving the world from Sephiroth and Meteor.

Votes: 14 18.4%
  • FFVIII: Squall and his fellow SeeDs must defeat the evil sorceress Ultimecia.

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • FFIX: Zidane Tribal and friends must save a world of fantasy... again.

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • FFX: Tidus... uh, he plays Blitzball...

Votes: 4 5.3%

Jack Daniel

dice-universe.blogspot.com
I find I must assertain the intelligence level on these boards. I have a postulate that the average IQ of the people here is directly proportional to the number of people who don't vote for Final Fantasy VI.

RingXero

Jack Daniel said:
I find I must assertain the intelligence level on these boards. I have a postulate that the average IQ of the people here is directly proportional to the number of people who don't vote for Final Fantasy VI.

Then I must assume that the average I.Q. here is infinite, as there is no VI

hehe

RX

A2Z

Explorer
I had to vote for Final Fantasy IV (the second one ;)) despite what was said. I really do think it was the best of them all. Kefka rules!! :)

Final Fantasy 8 may not be the best game, but I played with my girlfriend, so it was a very romantically enjoyable game. We were both crying our eyes out at the end, something which never happened in any of the other games. Sure, we were sad at the end of Disc One in FF7, and sure I thought Aria de Mezzo Carratere in FF6 (at the opera house) was a moving piece (considering the technology of the time), but never have I felt an ending was as . . . fulfilling as in FF8.

And hey, FF6 was great! Sure, it was trite, but the classic D&D game is all about a group of heroes. It is all the better when these heroes are friends who will risk their lives for each other.

Ruined

Explorer
Gotta side with Rune here.

Final Fantasy Tactics.

A return to the day when Lancers actually lanced (and weren't silly mouse or panther things...).

Guacamole

First Post
They all suck!

The best is Final Fantasy Tactics... Final Fantasy: The spirits within would qualify as the WORST sci-fi movie period I have ever seen... that includes comparisons to Plan Nine of Outer Space

Akunin

First Post
Jack Daniel said:

This from the guy who put "IV" in the poll twice, THEN neglected to offer Final Fantasy Tactics as an option.

Deep in your heart, you know it was the best of the series.

I voted for the first one, because a friend and I were just discussing the nostalgic goodness that is 8-bit Final Fantasy.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads