• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

tempest 3rd at-will?

Dr_Sage

First Post
Deft Hurler Style is a feat from Dragon that allows you to make a ranged basic attack with a heavy thrown weapon in place of dealing secondary auto-damage with Cleave. (And you don't provoke with the free ranged attack.)

Other than that, I'd take a look at Knockdown Assault and Brash Strike.

Cheers, -- N

I agree.

I would give this fellow the same good advice someone gave me, when I was building my fighter: "your 2nd (an 3th) at-will need not be that usefull at all times."

So I would go with knockdown Assault for when you really wants that flyer down, or when someone is running away etc.

Or Sure Strike for when you need to land a blow, and you have only one opponent.

Or getting a feat - like suggested above - that gives your at-wills some fancy effect.

Just my 2 cents.;)

Nifft

Penguin Herder
I feel kind of bad recommending any Drow-named item for a two-weapon dude, but IMHO the heavy blade group is well suited to a Str + Dex Fighter.

Oh well, perhaps he can reflavor it as a Croc Knife or something...

Cheers, -- N

Rechan

Adventurer
Since he's goin' high dex, using light blades might be the way to go. Given that lets him take advantage of the multiple fighter powers that work with light blades.

Turtlejay

First Post
Light Blades are not heavy thrown, though, so that would be a bad fit since the feat specifies what you can throw. Brash Strike is a hair better than Sure strike in my book, you get to add your Str damage, but you grant CA. That might just be the difference in the DM targeting you over someone else, which is your job as a defender.

Jay

Klaus

First Post
Light Blades are not heavy thrown, though, so that would be a bad fit since the feat specifies what you can throw. Brash Strike is a hair better than Sure strike in my book, you get to add your Str damage, but you grant CA. That might just be the difference in the DM targeting you over someone else, which is your job as a defender.

Jay
Drow Long Knife. Essentially a heavy thrown short sword.

Jay
If he keeps raising Dexterity, that might not be a big problem. The bonus might not be the same as with strength attack, but not much worse. And unless he decides to go with heavy armor, he will need the Dexterity.

Turtlejay

First Post
I was referring to the combat style in post 5 that nifft pointed out. With that style it must be a heavy thrown weapon. Daggers are light thrown. That's all.

Jay

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads