• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

swashbuckling cards

Moto Jojo

First Post
A while back, maybe 4 or 5 months ago, I remember seeing a set of really clever swashbuckling enhancements. The idea was that the DM writes up a bunch of note cards with special combat actions, and during important battles, hands one to each pc, with one extra per point of charisma bonus. The players can use each card once at whatever point is appropriate during the combat (each card has a use condition).

The ones I wrote down are along these lines:

Handy Rope
Play: Your turn
Effect: Move yourself anywhere on the battlefield, then take your actions.

Riposte
Play: After an opponent attacks you and misses
Effect: Immediately get a bonus AoO against that opponent.

Feint
Play: After making a melee attack that misses
Effect: Your attack was merely a feint, setting up the real attack. Make another melee attack.

Gritting your Teeth
Play: Your turn
Effect: Any damage you receive this round is reduced by half.

Just a Flesh Wound
Play: Any time
Effect: You look like a mess, but are really ok. You are back to full hitpoints.

I'm posting this thread because my group is about to start a swashbuckling game, and I'd like to solicit card ideas. Did anyone see this thread way back when? Anyone have any ideas for additional cards? I'd love to hear them.

Darklone

I got a Dragon at home ... with swashbuckling articles. The manoevers you list are explained there. No idea which number it was. Will check in the next few days.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads