• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Swashbuckler Variant

emoplato

First Post
I know there is a few out there but I thought I throw my two cents in.
1. Add good reflex save, eliminate grace
2. Change Weakening and Wounding criticals into a d6. They come at L 12 and L 16 respectively
3. Add Freedom of Movement L 7 and fast movement of 10 at L 2, eliminate Acrobatic Charge
4. Luck of the Strike- Whenever a Swashbuckler rolls to confirm a critical she may ignore all non-magical armor and shield bonus to the opponent's AC. L 10
5. Swift Withdraw- This functions like the Spring Attack feat except that it may only be used after an attack is resolved and is half the standard move score, however may be used with it. This does not normally provoke an AoO from the attacked however may provoke from others but a tumble check is allowed. L 11.
6. Change Dodge to include ranged attacks and start at L 4
7. Uncanny Dodge at L 5, Improved Uncanny dodge at L 15
8. Battle Bravado- A true Swashbuckler knows she must keep their wit and cunning even in the most dire circumstances. As long as she is able to move, not wearing med./heavy armor, or carrying med./heavy loads or currently affected by the following they receive a luck bonus to any save dealing with fear, charms, compulsions, being stunned, paralyzed, fatigued, or exhausted equal to their charisma modifier. They also receive the same luck bonus to their attack and damage rolls and deflection bonus, maximum of +5. L 20

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads