• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Supplements That Enhance Melee

I am a fan of books that really enhance D&D/d20's melee game (like Book of Iron Might, Iron Heroes, Tome of the Nine Swords). I was wondering if there are (besides the ones aforementioned) any other books that I should check out.

Nyaricus

First Post
You named the big three, as far as I can think. I know that PHBII has some great feats for fighters (although this is a tad bit tangential). Unearthed Arcana has some neat alternate rules in it (like using hexes, or facing, or any variety of other changes to D&D combat) and might be worth a purchase for you (really, it's worth it IMO), or a solid re-read if you own it already.

hope that helps!

cheers,
--N

jollyninja

First Post
the quintessential fighter had some stuff, can't recall what though. anyone have that one handy to prove/disprove my claim? I'm at work.

Rhun

First Post
jollyninja said:
the quintessential fighter had some stuff, can't recall what though. anyone have that one handy to prove/disprove my claim? I'm at work.

I've got it, but I really wasn't all that impressed with it. Has some useful bits in it, though. And one prestige class that I really liked. I think it was called the Living Blade.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads