• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Suggestions about making crusher, piercer, and slasher full feats

Horwath

Legend
Agreed, although I don't care whether the ASI floats, is limited to a few choices (like Telekinetic), or set to one ability.

View attachment 154199
View attachment 154200
And the saving throw for the bonus action is what I was talking about the Crusher. Crusher allows you to move a target with no save allowed, and without an additional action cost.

Thematically, with Telekinetic, I would have been a nice combat feature if you could use mage hand as a d4 or d6 combat cantrip. You would be "punching" your foe for force damage, or maybe even use it to make a grapple as well as a shove?
Telekinetic is more versatile than crusher. It has range, you can be hidden and REMAIN hidden when you use it, no visual or sound effects. Crusher is no-finesse brute force.

range and stealth component is worth the possibility of failure.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Telekinetic is more versatile than crusher. It has range, you can be hidden and REMAIN hidden when you use it, no visual or sound effects. Crusher is no-finesse brute force.

range and stealth component is worth the possibility of failure.
Yes, I am perfectly happy with the possibility of failure for it. There should be.

My point was Crusher should also allow a saving throw. Without that, it is OP IMO.

Horwath

Legend
Yes, I am perfectly happy with the possibility of failure for it. There should be.

My point was Crusher should also allow a saving throw. Without that, it is OP IMO.
it's (most probably) melee attack, failure is in the attack roll.
Telekinetic uses bonus action, it's not a spell so it does not have a cantrip only spell this turn as limitation

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
it's (most probably) melee attack, failure is in the attack roll.
Which you are going to do anyway... And as we know by design failure in attacks is fairly low, with success 60-70% of the time.

There is no action cost and no save for a battlefield control feature. That is strong.

Telekinetic uses bonus action, it's not a spell so it does not have a cantrip only spell this turn as limitation
Which is another reason why it is strong, but any attempt to manipulate another creature should allow a save--which it does--but Crusher doesn't--which makes it OP as I see it.

Shadowedeyes

Adventurer
I like these feats to be honest. They are not as overwhelmingly powerful as Sharpshooter/Great Weapon Master/Polearm Master, which is probably a good thing. If you wanted to drop the +1 Stat, another bullet point is probably in order though. Not sure off the top of my head, but I will think about it and post if I come up with anything.

TwoSix

"Diegetics", by L. Ron Gygax
Add the bullet point "When you make an attack with a weapon that does "slashing/piercing/bludgeoning" damage, you may take a -3 penalty to your attack roll to do an additional 6 points of damage."

Horwath

Legend
Add the bullet point "When you make an attack with a weapon that does "slashing/piercing/bludgeoning" damage, you may take a -3 penalty to your attack roll to do an additional 6 points of damage."
please. not. this. again...

I'm all for removing -5/+10 from GWM and SS for +1 STR/DEX

TwoSix

"Diegetics", by L. Ron Gygax
please. not. this. again...

I'm all for removing -5/+10 from GWM and SS for +1 STR/DEX
I'm definitely not, the martial need that kind of mechanic to keep up with casters at higher tiers. I'd rather see the mechanic expanded to allow for most weapon types than be taken away.

The other option is to give out less +X/+X magic weapons and more +1dX damage weapons, with no accuracy bonuses (like flame tongue).

Shadowedeyes

Adventurer
I'm also not a huge fan of the -X/+X damage feats. I don't think it will destroy game balance or anything, but it has a problem of either being a bad choice if the character misses frequently because of the penalty, or it becomes a must have take if the player mitigates the penalty effectively.

Horwath

Legend
I'm definitely not, the martial need that kind of mechanic to keep up with casters at higher tiers. I'd rather see the mechanic expanded to allow for most weapon types than be taken away.

The other option is to give out less +X/+X magic weapons and more +1dX damage weapons, with no accuracy bonuses (like flame tongue).
+Xd6 would be similar to +X/+X. remove +X for armors and we have new level of bounded accuracy.

Remove ads