• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Wars: Andor

embee

Lawyer by day. Rules lawyer by night.
Precisely. It's one of those things that I just try not to look at too closely, because this is the conclusion I reach. And so Solo commits the double sin of both pointing out something that I'd sooner not and says "isn't this funny?", to which my answer is "no, that's horrifying". Then tripling down on it with the fate of L337.
And then, you can go back and see just how horrifically he consistently treats Threepio in ESB. He regards Threepio with outright contempt and disdain in every scene, treating him as an appliance (go plug the Professor into the hyperdrive).

Han Solo is pretty darned racist towards droids.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him) 🇺🇦🇵🇸🏳️‍⚧️
And then, you can go back and see just how horrifically he consistently treats Threepio in ESB. He regards Threepio with outright contempt and disdain in every scene, treating him as an appliance (go plug the Professor into the hyperdrive).

Han Solo is pretty darned racist towards droids.
Yeah, but Threepio is pretty darn racist towards Wookies. So, maybe what goes around...

Zardnaar

Legend
Star Wars Droids are property basically.

How sentient they are is debatable (sentient vs clever programming?).

Old Legends material touched on it with droid rights groups, uprising etc.

Zardnaar

Legend
Is it? I'm pretty sure nobody bothered battling over Tatooine in the Clone Wars. I'd guess they probably had that policy of not letting 'their kind' in all the way back to Episode I and earlier.

Point that was a legends thing.

It's debatable how sentient Droids are due to programming. An assassin droid wants you dead well it's gonna try.

Did get touched on in legends Disney comic reliefed it

Point that was a legends thing.

There was no Legends, or any other media, in existence when the original movie came out. We know a lot of what came after had not even been thought up yet by Lucas, let alone put down on paper, so has he ever said in any interviews from the time why droids were hated in some places?

Zardnaar

Legend
There was no Legends, or any other media, in existence when the original movie came out. We know a lot of what came after had not even been thought up yet by Lucas, let alone put down on paper, so has he ever said in any interviews from the time why droids were hated in some places?

No idea and I never claimed otherwise so yeah. Disney hasn't really covered droid rights in their canon that much afaik.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads