• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Trek: Voyager Condensed

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
Epic
My wife and I are finishing up Deep Space Nine (the series finale is all that remains), and at some point, I suppose we should watch Voyager, but I remember being sorely disappointed in this series and how it utterly wasted its premise (I watched most of the first 2 seasons and only tuned in sporadically in seasons 3 & 4, then never again). So, I thought maybe I could pare it down to the Essentials, maybe condense 7 seasons down to 1 season's worth of decent shows. After all, they hit the reset button A LOT and it wasn't serialized the way Deep Space Nine was. So, I combed the Internet and am putting together a guide of must-see episodes.

Any I'm missing that should be on here? Any on here that shouldn't be?

Season 1
1-2. “Caretaker”
3. “Parallax”
7. “Eye of the Needle”
11. “State of Flux”

Season 2
3. “Projections”
21. “Deadlock”
24. “Tuvix”

Season 3
2. “Flashback”
16. “Blood Fever”
17. “Unity”
25. “Worst Case Scenario”
26. “Scorpion, Part 1”

Season 4
1. “Scorpion, Part II”
8-9. “Year of Hell, Parts I and II”
14. “Message in a Bottle”
18-19. “The Killing Game, Parts I and II”
23. “Living Witness”

Season 5
6. “Timeless”
11. “Latent Image”
12. “Bride of Chaotica!”

Season 6
12. “Blink of an Eye”

Season 7
6. “Inside Man”
7. “Body and Soul”
12. “Lineage”
19. “Q2”
23. “Homestead”
25-26. “Endgame”

So, that gives me 31 episodes, slightly more than a season. I don't think I would want to add any without removing some. Episodes in bold are episodes I specifically remember actually liking or ones I feel are too important to skip (like Tuvix, just to show how messed up some of the writing could be; I mean, Janeway outright ordered the death of someone better than Neelix!).

Ryujin

Legend
All that I remember about Voyager is a sequence of flashes involving Jeri Ryan in a skin tight costume. Thankfully.

I suggest that you skip any episodes in which the captain refuses to bargain with advanced races in order to get home because things like "stories" could be politically unbalancing, where the entire crew essentially commits mutiny, or in which the captain calls for ramming speed when there's nary a repair facility to be found. That should leave you with about three.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
I remember Voyager as _The Doctor and Seven of Nine_ featuring the Voyager crew, in the way that the Transfomers movies are _The American Military and Some Kid_ featuring the Transformers.

... except the Voyager crew is terrible. That show would have been so much better it it had been a Maquis-dominated operation with a scant few Starfleet folks trying to 'fight the good fight' from behind the scenes.

Ryujin

Legend
I remember Voyager as _The Doctor and Seven of Nine_ featuring the Voyager crew, in the way that the Transfomers movies are _The American Military and Some Kid_ featuring the Transformers.

... except the Voyager crew is terrible. That show would have been so much better it it had been a Maquis-dominated operation with a scant few Starfleet folks trying to 'fight the good fight' from behind the scenes.

Then watch for the release of "Star Trek: Renegades."

http://startrekrenegades.com/

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Then watch for the release of "Star Trek: Renegades."

http://startrekrenegades.com/

Huh, that looks like it could be neat.

As for Voyager... I don't remember how far it was that I got. Feel like it couldn't be past season 3, but I might have stopped before then. I honestly don't remember much of the show at all. I kinda remember some of the characters and part of the plot, but that's about it. I am actually amazed that it made it through seven seasons. Can't believe shows like that make it so long and other shows that are sooo much better get cancelled after just one season. :(

Remove ads