• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spellwarped - Permanent buff?

Ragmon

Explorer
Hey guys. You might have noticed the lack of duration on some of its Spell Absorption's buffs.

"Life: The spellwarped creature gains temporary hit points equal to 5 × the level of the failed spell.
Speed: The spellwarped creature’s base speed increases by feet equal to 5 × the level of the failed spell.
Resistance: The spellwarped creature gains resistance 10 to one energy type (acid, cold, electricity, fi re, or sonic)."

There is no correction in the errata either.
Does anyone know if this is intentional or a very over looked error?

Sekhmet

First Post
Well, you're right in saying that they don't have a duration.
I'd probably DM Fiat it to "1 minute", to match the duration of the other effects. It seems like a fine limit to me.

I'm certain it was just looked over. Having an infinite movement or hit point bonus (while possible) is something that would generally be fixed.

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
Well, for starters I don't think those should stack with themselves. (temporal hit points from different sources don't stack, you just take the better, getting extra speed would be capped at 45', and resistances stop at 10 for each type). I think the main reason it wasn't given a duration was that it was meant for monsters, not for monstruous PCs, I would give those effects a duration of up to 2 minutes per level of the spell or 1 minute per hit dice.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads