• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spellcraft and Knowledge(Arcana) -- What's the Diff?

kreynolds

First Post
Re: Re: Re: Spellcraft and Knowledge(Arcana) -- What's the Diff?

Werdnam said:
I was actually leaning towards making it a Knowledge(Arcana) check, going off the example Bardic Knowledge DC 30 task in the PHB (knowing the history of a petty magic item). I fully appreciate a reluctance to do this, though, as I feel conflicted about it myself.

Actually, let me tell you this. Don't do it! Why? Because that's supposedly one of the things you can do as an Epic level character. Man I can't wait for that book. :D

Werdnam

First Post
kreynolds said:

Actually, let me tell you this. Don't do it! Why? Because that's supposedly one of the things you can do as an Epic level character. Man I can't wait for that book. :D

Interesting, as I was envisioning this as an "epic" use of these skills. I'll be curious to see what's in "that book" on this subject when July rolls around.

kreynolds

First Post
Re: Re: Spellcraft and Knowledge(Arcana) -- What's the Diff?

Werdnam said:
Interesting, as I was envisioning this as an "epic" use of these skills. I'll be curious to see what's in "that book" on this subject when July rolls around.

I don't know about everyone else (personally, I love running high level games) but I'm gonna love this frickin' book. I've been making obscenely powerful and pricey magic items for months in preparation of this book coming out. :D

Remove ads