Spell Storing

Corwin

Explorer
Dr. Zoom said:
Corwin, Caliban: Just ignore my post above. I competely misread what Corwin said in my quote. Sorry. :D

Oops. You posted that caveate while I was in the middle of typing my rant.

OK, just ignore my rant too, then. :)

0-hr

Starship Cartographer
I hope you are not implying that the spell storing ioun stones work differently. All spell storing devices work the same way, AFAICT.
I'm just implying that the IounStones are very, very cheap compared to the Ring; even given the 6th level limit.

Gromm

First Post
Ki Ryn said:

So if I, a 15th level cleric, cast Divine Favor on myself, I get a +5 bonus to hit and damage. But if I cast Divine Favor into this ring and give it to my fighter friend, it comes out as a 1st level caster (+1 bonus) when he uses it? Yuck. I think I'll just keep my 90,000gp. :)

Well you could put read magic in it too if you want. Personally I can think of about 100 other spells I'd put in it before Divine Favor. Like say Heal, Mass Heal, Teleport without Error, IronBody, TimeStop, Maze... need I continue?

As far as DCs, they suck at low levels, but once you hit 6-9th level spells the DCs really aren't all that bad (though not as good as casting it yourself likely), and plenty of spells have no save at the higher levels.

Last edited:

Remove ads