• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

spell power +1

IceBear

Explorer
kreynolds said:

Doesn't anyone believe in taking on dangerous and harrowing quests for tomes anymore, or any magic item for that matter? :( Magic items used to be a really slick centerpiece for an adventure, as the item was the reward. They occassionally are in my games, but are they ever in anyone else's?

Sure, I do that too. It's just that in most of the threads on here spellcasters seem to look at you like you had three heads if you don't have a +6 headband of intellect :)

IceBear

kreynolds

First Post
IceBear said:
It's just that in most of the threads on here spellcasters seem to look at you like you had three heads if you don't have a +6 headband of intellect :)

IceBear

Kinda like how fighters here look at you as if you had three heads if you don't have Bracers of Strength +6, Gloves of Great Cleave, an Axe of Whirlwind Attack, a few rogue levels, 1 level of barbarian, and the ever popular Ring of Improved Invisibility?

Caliban

Rules Monkey
IceBear said:

Sure, I do that too. It's just that in most of the threads on here spellcasters seem to look at you like you had three heads if you don't have a +6 headband of intellect :)

IceBear

I only have a headband of intellect +4. (I didn't want to be ostentatious.)

kreynolds

First Post
Caliban said:

Hey, that's cool. I got rid of my Greatsword of Supreme Cleave. It was taking away to much fun from my game.

IceBear

Explorer
kreynolds said:

Kinda like how fighters here look at you as if you had three heads if you don't have Bracers of Strength +6, Gloves of Great Cleave, an Axe of Whirlwind Attack, a few rogue levels, 1 level of barbarian, and the ever popular Ring of Improved Invisibility?

Exactly :)

IceBear

Crothian

First Post
Caliban said:

So, that's Caliban's secret. He artificially increases his intellect so that he can know the game inside and out. I always suspected there was more to his genius. ;) :cool:

Belares

First Post
One of my players in my game took the feat spellcasting prodigy (I think +2 to casters abiltiy stat) which of course increases DC.

I also have a mage that is making a headband of intellect at his own cost to make and time as well as experience. If he wants to make +6 feel free just make sure you can qualify for the requirements.

I think that at 10th (which is what he is at) that making things of this nature is just fine. He wont be making anything better for awhile due to the lack of cash.

Vecna

First Post
An item from the BOEM:
+2 spell DC, uses 1 slot (see T&B): 50000 gp
Prereq GMFE, a 4 level spell with a set duration (not just one single spell, as in MoF) and an expensive material component (50 gp)

Last edited:

Gromm

First Post
Crothian said:

Don't you know? There is a sect of Wizards that build magical items of all types and power and randomly places then in dens, pits, and tombs. :rolleyes:

Personally, I agree. I find it utterly rediculus, but it's not my game. :)

Personally I just take Create Wonderous Item, start with a +2, build it up to +4, and then one day get to +6. No item is that hard to have with the right feats and a high level character. Not to mention the ones that can be slowly "built" over the course of your career.

Remove ads