• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Some rules questions...

Atanatotatos

First Post
Let's say Tonk wants to carry a cord or manacle that he can use to bind himself to an opponent, preventing them from separating. Do the rules cover anything like that?

Buy a sash of ensnarement! It's exactly that (well, as a magic item)

KenHood

First Post
Item-based stuff like this is pretty much gone from 4e, for better or for worse.
Yeah. It's a bit of a shame. Part of the fun of first (back in the OOOOOOLD days) was loading a character with a bunch of poop that did little things, like a bag of flour for invisible opponents.

The alchemical items in Adventurer's Vault do have the fire, acid, and assorted James Bond goodies.

But if you do allow these caltrops, I think you need to specify how they are delivered.
Definitely a standard action. I wouldn't require a 'to hit' though--I don't think there's any other attacks in the rules that require an attack roll to hit a particular area. (I could be wrong.)

Ecce

First Post
Which book describes it?

Adventurer's Vault P.166

Property:You gain reach 2 for purposes of grab attacks, also you do not need a free hand to make grab attacks.

Power (Daily):Free action, use when you'd sustain a grab-the sash detaches and you no longer need to maintain the grab or stay close by. The sash uses your defenses for the purposes of escaping enemies. [paraphrased, obviously]

Last edited:

Atanatotatos

First Post
It's a level 8 waist item in the Adventurer's Vault. It allows to grab at reach and without a free hand, plus it has a daily power. It's kinda cool, especially since there are a couple more items in AV that enhance grappling a bit (and there's a feat too, in PHB2 if I remember right).

KenHood

First Post
Just read it.

I'm diggin' that. Maybe I'll add it to Tonk's wish-list, somewhere around the +5 Mace of Cranial Hemorrhaging.

---

Let me open another can of worms for consideration...

;)

In the Olde Days, folks (like the ninja) would let their weapons get rusty, so that if someone got cut, they'd get sick and die (i.e. tetanus). How would you handle that in 4E?

(This is just for the fun of thinking about it. Fights usually end with one side dead, and diseases are easy enough for a priest to cure.)

Ecce

First Post
Just read it.

I'm diggin' that. Maybe I'll add it to Tonk's wish-list, somewhere around the +5 Mace of Cranial Hemorrhaging.

---

Let me open another can of worms for consideration...

;)

In the Olde Days, folks (like the ninja) would let their weapons get rusty, so that if someone got cut, they'd get sick and die (i.e. tetanus). How would you handle that in 4E?

(This is just for the fun of thinking about it. Fights usually end with one side dead, and diseases are easy enough for a priest to cure.)

Roll endurance for infection following an injury with a rusty blade; 11+ no infection, 6-10 peripheral infection, 15 day incubation before symptoms occur, 1-5 central nervous system infection point, 5 day incubation period.

Treat as a normal low level disease from then on, with CNS infections having +3 higher DC.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads