• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Some questions about Stealth

fnwc

Explorer
For those of you who have the rulebooks, I have some questions on how to handle the use of the Stealth skill:

1. In combat, is it possible to use the Stealth skill using cover/concealment (pillar, darkness) to become "hidden" from enemies? I'm assuming only normal types of cover/concealment apply (i.e., your allies can't provide cover for a Stealth check).
2. In combat, what kind of action (standard, move, minor) is this?
3. It's -5 when you move more than 2 squares to the Stealth check; how do you sneak (move + Stealth) out of initiative? How often do you roll? I'm guessing that you would make a Stealth roll every 'double move' of the creature trying to sneak around. Or do you just make 1 Stealth roll for each creature while sneaking around enemies?

Thasmodious

First Post
1. Yes. Also if the creature is distracted you can use stealth to hide.

2. Typically a move actions - its listed as "part of whatever action you are trying to perform stealthily. So it isn't an action on its own.

3, Once you are hidden (the target has failed its perception check). You remain hidden. When you attempt another action in which you wish to remain stealthy, you would roll again. Some actions, like attacking the target or uncapping a sunrod would automatically end your stealth, obviously.

fnwc

Explorer
Thanks for your response.

Thasmodious said:
2. Typically a move actions - its listed as "part of whatever action you are trying to perform stealthily. So it isn't an action on its own.

So, let's say a rogue is fighting an Ogre. The rogue throws a dagger (standard action), moves 5 squares (move action) around a corner where he has partial cover from the Ogre and uses a healing potion (minor action).

Is he then able to use the Stealth without the cost of an action (since he's essentially standing still)?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads