• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) Sharp shooter/Great Weapon Mastery

Horwath

Legend
They won't do that, because they're giving them away at levels 1-2 to warrior-likes...
it's again a feat that no one will take.
Even archery style, why would you take +2 attack when you can take +2 dex?
no reason.
12th level maybe?
99% of campaigns are over. And I would rather take +2 Con or important secondary ability.
you balance the game for early levels.

Bill Zebub

“It’s probably Matt Mercer’s fault.”
what is the point then of making feats that no one will take?
padding page count?
we did that in 2014.
Again, since they are explicitly a sub-category of feat, that suggests some classes will get a free one of these in addition to normal feats. Putting them here saves having to spell it all out in four places.

TwoSix

"Diegetics", by L. Ron Gygax
Again, since they are explicitly a sub-category of feat, that suggests some classes will get a free one of these in addition to normal feats. Putting them here saves having to spell it all out in four places.
Plus it gives warriors the freedom to take them if they want to.

Now, I don't think it's a perfect solution, I would prefer to see a level 4 feat that gives a fighting style and a +1, or 2 additional fighting styles. But I don't disagree with their logic of making them feats rather than a class-specific menu of options, since they're a feature shared among multiple classes.

Horwath

Legend
Plus it gives warriors the freedom to take them if they want to.

Now, I don't think it's a perfect solution, I would prefer to see a level 4 feat that gives a fighting style and a +1, or 2 additional fighting styles. But I don't disagree with their logic of making them feats rather than a class-specific menu of options, since they're a feature shared among multiple classes.
2 styles as a full-feat could work.

there is no ASIs, so it's good for 1st level, 2 styles might not synergies too much, and it would not be a garbage level of feat.

what is the point then of making feats that no one will take?
It's not a feat to TAKE, it's a fighting style you get FOR FREE for being a warrior-y class. I don't know why they chose to list them in the middle of the feats. Likely just because they could not bring themselves to make a separate section that would only be relevant to fighting men - this way they get one more page for spells!

Remove ads