Shadowdark looks so good!

darjr

I crit!
Well. This is cool. Comming to kickstarter

IMG_9147.jpeg

SPECTRE666

Adventurer
I backed the Demonolgy and Devilry kickstarter from Appendix N for OSE. I just recieved the Demonolgy PDF and it is OUTSTANDING. I may back this one also...

Jahydin

Hero
I got mine today!

The Alternative Art version is wider than the standard. Does it have more content or is just printed differently/have thicker paper?

If the same, I think I want to keep it in the wrap as a collectors item for awhile.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Mine's not due to arrive until Wednesday, but is now less than 10 miles away from me, so I suspect it'll be in-hand some time over the next three days.

Very excited. I've been running it off of PDFs all year, but I am confident that having it in-hand is going to make me look a some things differently and to not gloss over other things in the same way. I do think the PDF will retain value for its excellent searchability, though.

I have all of the stuff from the Kickstarter in PDF, but seeing the shockingly high print quality of the Cursed Scrolls, I'm feeling some FOMO. (Oh, and over on Kickstater, Kelsey said Cursed Scrolls 4-6 are all in various stages of completion, which is exciting to hear.)

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Got mine yesterday. I am shocked by the high quality of the physical products, especially the core book and the screen. (I didn't back the Cursed Scrolls in physical form, and am regretting that now.)

Really, really impressive. And I knew, from using the PDF all year, that it was dense with content, but now, sitting on the shelf next to my other digest-sized OSR books, it's really shocking how much is in this book compared to the others, often for the same price. Extremely happy with this game.

I'm going to take a pause in my deep read of Monster Overhaul -- which I will 100% be using with Shadowdark -- to go through this again, cover to cover, and plan how I'll introduce a bunch of additional new players of mine to the game in 2024.

Jahydin

Hero
Got mine yesterday. I am shocked by the high quality of the physical products, especially the core book and the screen. (I didn't back the Cursed Scrolls in physical form, and am regretting that now.)
My feelings exactly.

I don't think I've ever been more impressed with a Kickstarter. Whatever project Kelsey does next, she certainly has my attention.

Maccwar

Explorer
I got mine today!

The Alternative Art version is wider than the standard. Does it have more content or is just printed differently/have thicker paper?

If the same, I think I want to keep it in the wrap as a collectors item for awhile.
The premium version of the book is on really thick paper. The standard edition is nice enough but having seen photos of the other one I am envious.

Remove ads