• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scars of the Sundering: Malediction

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
Epic
I got my cover art yesterday. Huzzah!
[sblock=Art by Lily Wang]
malediction-cover-art-medium.jpg
[/sblock]

I also had a new map made, too
[sblock=]Art by Anna B. Meyer)
color-map-medium.jpg
[/sblock]

I'm back on track to having this novel available for sale at Gen Con (I wanted to debut it at ConQuesT in Kansas City back on Memorial Day, but things got away from us).

The 1st draft for book 2 (Lament) is finished, though I need to tweak the opening a bit to fit better with the end of Malediction. I'm about halfway finished with the first draft of book 3 (Salvation).

At least the cost of the map will be subsidized across all three books, so the next two won't be such a financial burden. :p

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Anna Meyer's maps are made of awesome. :)

That said, do you want to tell us a little about your book? Like, a blurb or something?

JediSoth

Epic
Anna Meyer's maps are made of awesome. :)

That said, do you want to tell us a little about your book? Like, a blurb or something?

I'm still working on the blurb. I promised myself I wouldn't wait until the last minute to write one, but here we are...

It's the first book in a new trilogy set in the World of Calliome (the same fantasy world in which my previous two fantasy novels was set). Five years after the Foundation of Drak-Anor, the minotaur Necromancer Pancras must leave his home and comfortable life to answer for the mistakes of his youth. Accompanied by his friends, the drak twins Kale and Delilah, he discovers the world is not as welcoming as they expected.

If my first two novels set in this world were about finding acceptance, both from the outside world and from within yourself, then this trilogy is about accepting responsibility for one's actions. I'm going to work on figuring out how to say that and tease the book in 3 paragraphs this weekend. This is a stand-alone trilogy, though; I intend for readers to be able to "get it" without having read my previous two books set in this world.

JediSoth

Epic
Here's my first stab at a blurb/back cover text:

The Healing of the world continues...
As an old darkness creeps across the land, a new city flourishes in the shadow of a world tree sapling. Five years after the Foundation of Drak-Anor, the minotaur Necromancer Pancras must bid his home and comfortable life farewell and answer for the mistakes of his youth.
Accompanied by his friends, the drak twins Delilah and Kale, he discovers the world is not as welcoming as they expected. Yet, even as winter traps them in the capital of Etrunia, they must learn that being part of the healing world requires them to accept the good and the bad, within and without.

JediSoth

Epic
I changed my blurb based on feedback I recieved from several folks on Kindleboards and Reddit (a dangerous place to go seeking advice, I know):

He thought trouble waited at the end of his journey.

Shadow demons, chaos rifts, and petty Archmages all conspire to disrupt Pancras' quiet life. Summoned to face a Mage's Guild inquest over minor grievances, the minotaur wizard leaves home and travels south with his companions, the twins Delilah and Kale.

Harsh winter weather traps them in an unfriendly city where a run-in with a drunken bully leaves him dead and the trio in jail. Fortunately, the opportunistic Prince of the city needs a wizard to curse his unwanted wife. The only catch is Pancras's sense of honor. As he stalls for time, the twins involve themselves in an uprising in the city's salt mines. Pancras left necromancy behind him, but it's looking more and more like he'll need to break his moral code--and further anger the Mage's Guild--to get them out of the city in one piece.

Last edited:

Remove ads