• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sage Ruling: HP changes with Polymorph!!!

Dwarmaj

First Post
Dimwhit said:
Don't do that! Let the Druid wildshape into a bear and get the extra hit points. Then in combat, be sure to get a lot of good hits on him. Much as you can. Then cast Dispel Magic on him, turn him back to human (or whatever) and watch the change back in hit points bring him to -30... :)

Wildshape is Su and not subject to dispelling.

shilsen

Adventurer
Dimwhit said:
Don't do that! Let the Druid wildshape into a bear and get the extra hit points. Then in combat, be sure to get a lot of good hits on him. Much as you can. Then cast Dispel Magic on him, turn him back to human (or whatever) and watch the change back in hit points bring him to -30... :)
Ah, subtlety! I love that in a DM :D

Dimwhit

Explorer
Dwarmaj said:
Wildshape is Su and not subject to dispelling.

Sorry, I'm in 3.0 mode still where it's a Spell-like ability. I didn't notice they changed it to Supernatural in 3.5. That's cool, I suppose. For the Druid. :)

mikebr99

Explorer
Vlos said:
Sort of OT:

Does anyone know when they are going to get around to Wildshape and if they are even going to cover it? From reading the article it talks about a Pt. 4, but not sure what its going to cover.

Also because the polymorph rewrite now specifically states you don't get Templates, yet there are Wildshape feats which grant Templates, specifically Celestial.
I know of one of Monte's spells that adds the Celestial template to an animal... but not a feat that does that. Care to elaborate?

Mike

strongbow said:
Unlike previous versions of the D&D game, the subject's hit points change according to his new Constitution score.

Now if only the sage's rulings were official errata, this article might be worth the server space it's hosted on.

Pesky primary source rules, and that.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
The SoulJourner said:
Well, it's about time. If your Con changes, your hitpoints change. Period.
glass said:
Unless you are a familiar.

Let's not forget the weirdness that is Lycanthropy, where your hit points are based on the Con score of two forms, one of which you're not even in at the time...

-Hyp.

Remove ads