• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RPG Crowdfunding News - Trinity Continuum, The Means of Magick, Things That Go Squeak in the Night, and more

This week I review RPG crowdfunding projects that end between December 8th and 16th. During this time of year, the number of projects becomes less predictable as many move from a month long campaign to two week quickstarters intended to run between the holidays. During December’s past, the ranks thin out some, but at this time, there’s still a healthy amount to review. I try to cover eight to...

This week I review RPG crowdfunding projects that end between December 8th and 16th. During this time of year, the number of projects becomes less predictable as many move from a month long campaign to two week quickstarters intended to run between the holidays. During December’s past, the ranks thin out some, but at this time, there’s still a healthy amount to review. I try to cover eight to ten campaigns and this week is no exception as there’s still a strong collection of campaigns to check out including a Pathfinder board game.

Trinity Continuum- Anima Tabletop Roleplaying Game.png

Trinity Continuum: Anima Tabletop Roleplaying Game from Onyx Path Publishing
  • END DATE: Thu, December 16 2021 2:00 PM EST.
  • SYSTEM(S): Storypath system
  • PROJECT TYPE: Sourcebook
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $55 + S/H for the PDF, POD, and print versions of the book
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? It’s 2084, you’re a citizen living in the city of Cascade in the Federated States of America (FSA) and you game in an in-RPG MMO, Terra Surge. Using this sourcebook and Trinity Continuum core rulebook, you’ll play a combination of cyberpunk and LitRPG characters, completely self-aware within the virtual realm as you fight back against the corporations and Big Brother of the FSA. If you’re looking for a meta concept where you roleplay as characters roleplaying in a virtual environment as they fight the system, this project offers a lot of concepts to delve into. If you’re a fan of meta ‘punk’ concepts, or Trinity Continuum, this campaign page is worth reading through.

The Means of Magick.jpg

The Means of Magick from Wannabe Games
  • END DATE: Thu, December 16 2021 5:20 PM EST.
  • SYSTEM(S): An original system
  • PROJECT TYPE: Core rulebook
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $20 for the PDF of the book
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? Megacorps have monopolized the world’s most important resource, magick. As they run the wells of magic dry in the name of profit, the planet is experiencing natural catastrophe. If you can’t stop them, they world is doomed. This RPG takes the classic ‘punk’ tropes and sets mages against merchants in a battle for the planet. If you’re looking for subversive fantasy, this RPG is worth checking out.

Things That Go Squeak in the Night.jpg
Things That Go Squeak in the Night from Gallant Knight Games
  • END DATE: Fri, December 10 2021 10:00 AM EST.
  • SYSTEM(S): An original system
  • PROJECT TYPE: Core rulebook
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $25 + $8 S/H to the US for the PDF and print versions of the book
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? In this RPG, you’re a mouse with a job: protect human children from things that go bump in the night. The campaign pages suggests this game is a combination of The Rescuers meets Supernatural, Mouse Guard and Ghostbusters, or Hunter: The Reckoning by way of The Secret of N.I.M.H. While I like the concept, the standout is the system. This project offers an original d6 dice pool system. Rolls of 5 and 6s give you points that can be spent on moves. It takes the perk feature of Green Ronin’s AGE system and other RPGs and makes it the entire meal. Which is an interesting idea. If you’re looking for mice and monsters with good mechanics, this looks like another winner published by Gallant Knight Games.

Roll & Play- The Game Master's Christmas Essentials.jpg

Roll & Play: The Game Master's Christmas Essentials from Roll & Play Press
  • END DATE: Wed, December 8 2021 2:00 PM EST.
  • SYSTEM(S): Dungeons & Dragons Fifth Edition
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: £25 for nine PDFs of Christmas themed content
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? If you’re looking for a holiday themed PDF, or a basket of 5e PDFs, this campaign offers a lot of bang. The core is a 24-page PDF of random Christmas tables for your RPG. The other PDFs offer more randomized content as well as monsters, magical items, soundtracks, character options, and more, all themed around the season.

SHOTGLASS ROUNDS 3 - PDF Adventures for 5e.jpg

SHOTGLASS ROUNDS 3 - PDF Adventures for 5e from Laidback Dungeon Master
  • END DATE: Wed, December 8 2021 5:00 PM EST.
  • PROJECT TYPE: Adventure module
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: AU$ 5 for three PDF adventures
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? Three adventures, each one available as 16 pages of 5e one-shot content. You get two monsters, two magic items, a map, and easy to follow content to reduce your prep time. “Dead Calm” gives you undead pirates and dragons to deal with. “Black-Hawg Down” offers a dungeon crawl through an archaeological dig. “Cloud Seeker” puts you on a path to reach the summit and atone for your crimes, if you don’t die first. If you’re looking for complete, affordable adventures, this is worth checking out.

Oodles of Oozes for 5e (Relaunch).jpg

Oodles of Oozes for 5e (Relaunch) from Tyler Omichinski and Broken Things
  • END DATE: Thu, December 9 2021 10:33 AM EST.
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: CA$ 35 for the PDF and PODs of the book
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? 75 pages of oozes, jellies, slimes, jams, and gelatins for your gaming table. This book includes gelatinous inspired content taken from movies and video games and features a monster that is an entire swamp. Beyond slimy monsters, there are oozes-related subclasses, NPCs, traps, and every other thing that relates to slime. If your table needs jellies and more, this book awaits you.

Book of Assassin and Criminal Contracts For D&D 5E.jpg

Book of Assassin and Criminal Contracts For D&D 5E from Jason DM
  • END DATE: Fri, December 10 2021 1:21 PM EST.
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: £30 + S/H for the PDF and print versions of both books plus digital maps
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? This campaign offers two books, Assassin Adventures and Criminal Contracts, as individual softcovers or both as a single 120-page hardcover collection of 22 adventures themed around assassins and criminals. They fall between levels 1 to 7. In addition, there are over 50 plot hooks and 50 maps. Check out the campaign for more details.

Delver #3- Resources for the Random-Rolling Referee.jpg

Delver #3: Resources for the Random-Rolling Referee from James Floyd Kelly
  • END DATE: Sat, December 11 2021 11:59 PM EST.
  • SYSTEM(S): Old-School Essentials
  • PROJECT TYPE: Source zine
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $11 for the PDF and print versions of the magazine
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? This issue of Delver offers more random tables of content plus a 3rd level adventure, “We Don’t Go There,” in which you explore a wizard’s tomb. This issue’s articles focus on bringing video game content to your OSR adventures. Issue 3 will be at least 40 pages so if you’re interested in a sample, check out the campaign page for more details.

The Ultimate Viking Anthology.jpg

The Ultimate Viking Anthology from Pendelhaven
  • END DATE: Tue, December 14 2021 10:59 AM EST.
  • SYSTEM(S): Runic Game System and Fate of the Norns: Ragnarok. Stretch goals will add Dungeons & Dragons Fifth Edition, Pathfinder, and Powered by the Apocalypse options
  • PROJECT TYPE: Core rulebook and more
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: CA$ 205 + S/H for the Ath-Cliath RPG boxed set, 3 novels, and 2 graphic novels
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? If you’re looking for an ambitious campaign, this is it. Running around the holidays, this RPG boxed set, novels, and graphic novels are all available in one location. Despite the three novels and two graphic novels, I’m going to concentrate on the RPG. From Andrew Valkauskas, the creator of Fate of the Norns, and Ed Greenwood, creator of Forgotten Realms, this RPG takes place in Viking held Dublin (Ath-Cliath) in the 10th century. The city book includes 96 blocks detailed like few other RPGs as Vikings and Celts fight for their respective power. The boxed set includes four rune bags, two sets of runes, a map, and books. In addition, if they reach their stretch goals, they’ll unlock a who’s who of great indy and mainstream RPG creators. If you’re interested in a unique RPG that includes a great deal of content for other media, this is worth checking out.

Pathfinder Arena.jpg

Pathfinder Arena from Giochi Uniti
  • END DATE: Mon, December 13 2021 5:59 PM EST.
  • PROJECT TYPE: Board game
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: €165 + S/H for the core game and five expansions
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? Let’s start with the board game terms to help shape what you’re getting: Asymmetrical engine building, token (resource) management, and diceless combat. This competitive board game is set during the Age of Lost Omens in which you play one of the iconic Pathfinder characters, you get to build them out to compete against each other to escape a magical arena. You have the character’s powers, you can adjust the arena, and you can defeat or attack with various monsters. Check out the campaign page for a preview of the rules, video reviews, and to see the miniatures that come with the game.

Egg Embry participates in the OneBookShelf Affiliate Program, Noble Knight Games’ Affiliate Program, and is an Amazon Associate. These programs provide advertising fees by linking to DriveThruRPG, Noble Knight Games, and Amazon.

Egg Embry

Egg Embry

For what it's worth, I've been reading the preview chapters of Trinity Anima and so far so good.

Pro - It's the cyberpunk dystopia brought to you by pseudo-Facebook, pseudo-Google, and pseudo-Activision-Blizzard. Which is an interesting take of the genre, and super horrifying. So far its written in the "everything here is cool and fine" point of view, but reading between the lines there is a lot of creepy stuff going on. I really like it, I've been looking for a cyberpunk setting that speaks to me, and this one does.

Con - Thus far I'm not exactly sure what the players are actually supposed to do. Now there is a Game Masters section that hasn't been revealed yet which is where this information would go. The youtube videos imply there is a conspiracy and people are disappearing. But the player facing front part of the book doesn't have many hints I have found. Then again I've half read and half skimmed this stuff so I could have missed something.

It would be easy to brush this off as "Ready Player One" the RPG. And this game I think builds off of those ideas, but really fixes a lot of Ready Player One's shortcomings as a world, and goes its own way in a lot of places.

About Gallant Knight Games I bought two books for my niece, Tiny Dungeons and Tiny Frontiers. Her first PCs was a (female) lizardfolk, I supossed because she loves dinosaurs. I hope to buy Tiny Supers when this to be translated. At least there was a crownfunding about this some time ago.

About Gallant Knight Games I bought two books for my niece, Tiny Dungeons and Tiny Frontiers. Her first PCs was a (female) lizardfolk, I supossed because she loves dinosaurs. I hope to buy Tiny Supers when this to be translated. At least there was a crownfunding about this some time ago.
That's a good gift for your niece! Way to go! :)

Remove ads

Remove ads