• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RPG character generator

evildmguy

Explorer
Help!

My google fu is weak!

Somehow, I got to a site talking about a new character creation program that is very customizable. However, I don't remember the name. It is supposed to be out soon and I think it had the name "hero" in it but am not sure.

It led me to Metacreator, which is a similar program, but not the one I am thinking of.

So, does anyone know of a new character creation program that is customizable for the GMs needs, which is similar to Metacreator and is due out soon?

Thanks!

Have a good one! Take care!

edg

evildmguy

Explorer
Thanks for the reply!

No, that's not it. Maybe it was on a page with a compiled list of rpg tools? Ugh! I can't remember! I only remember it wasn't yet released. They were close, and were going for a october release? But it wasn't out yet.

It was a stand alone program that is supposed to be completely customizable. So, any RPG can be entered and then used as a character creator, similar to Metacreator.

Sorry for being so vague. As I said, my google-fu has failed me and however I found it, I can't find it again.

edg

evildmguy

Explorer
Aha!

Found it!

My google-fu is back!

It is called Hero Lab by Wolf Lair.

I am not sure if it has all of the capabilities of Metacreator but it looks like it is trying to compete with it. Eventually.

Thanks all!

edg

Mercule

Adventurer
Looks pretty slick. I'll have to keep my eye on it.

The real make or break will be how much I can bastardize things. I really more play d20 Fantasy than I do D&D, so any sort of straightjacket means I'll have to pass.

Remove ads