• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rogue/Psion synergy and builds

Tessarael

Explorer
Hey folks,

Anyone got any Rogue/Psion type builds they would care to share? As INT is a Psion's primary ability, it would seem the classes should have good synergy. I'm curious if the Psion spells are more useful to a Rogue than a Wizards. In particular, an obvious benefit of Psion should be that a Psion's spell casting is often silent, whereas almost all Wizard spells require a Verbal component or you have to bump them up a level with the Silent Spell feat.

Thanks.

Darklone

I'm not too sure about the good synergy... the big advantage of most rog/wiz3 builds I've seen was the huge array of known spells and the possibility to use pretty common scrolls and wands without problems. The psions advantage lies in some special psionic feats...

Spatula

Explorer
And a rogue/psion can use power stones and dorjes without problems. It all depends on how common psionic items are in your game.

The obvious builds would be either rogue/nomad or rogue/telepath. Malhavoc Press has a book by Bruce Cordell called Hyperconscious (available as a PDF right now, it'll be in print in a few months) that I believe has a psionic version of the Arcane Trickster in it, which is definitely something to look into.

xazil

Explorer
A few random comments:

If you are about sneak attacking then all the ray spells that psions get are great for appling sneak attacks on the first round.

If you aren't so worried about the sneak attack progression Rogue/Psion can get into the Elocator prestige class which is just made as psionic rogue class.

The lack of a true invisiblity spell amongst some others does hurt, but potions or use magic device taken as a rogue can cure that somewhat.

Deep crystal weapons along with psionic weapon and sneak attacks give you a chance to make your first attack the last one needed.

Also consider Psychic Warrior and Wilder. The PsyWar being tougher with extra feats and more combat oriented powers at lower levels. The Wilder able to surge to counter the loss of manifester levels along with better skills and BAB.

Movement increases like Speed of Thought and Up the Walls can negate lot of climb rolls. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads