• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Reported post: An open letter to Paizo(3701543)

Quartz

Hero
Original post:
Firebeetle said:
Baked baked plush doll

I am VERY upset to see your "Baked Baked Plush" doll. My wife and I are both teachers of high risk students and my daughter works in drug rehabilitation and we have a FIRM, IRON-CLAD POLICY against spending money on any merchant who supports a drug lifestyle. The doll whose "activities include baking batches of special brownies, ripping crispy bingers and burning bowls followed by the consumption of large quantities of chips, cookies, candy bars, ice cream, pizza, pretty much anything edible and some things that aren't" certainly qualifies.

Anything that sends the message "you can celebrate your drug use with this purchase" is not acceptable to me. I estimate I have spent over $200 on Paizo products in the last year and was considering subscribing to your "Pathfinder" periodical. That is out of the question if you choose to market and sell this doll. Marijuana use is a "starter" for almost every other drug out there. Between students and clients my family has seen one tragic death, at least two murders, multiple life-changing injuries, multiple jail sentences (including two life sentences) and more than a few drop-outs related to drug use. We take this matter seriously and will not "get over it" or "lighten up" about "just pot."

I really hope I can spend money on Paizo products again. Send this doll back to the manufacturer now.

in Thread An open letter to Paizo

Reason:
Just in case you aren't aware of this thread. It seems to be getting a little heated.

Assigned Moderators: (mods who got the Email)
April O'Neil, Creideiki, d6, Darkness, Dinkeldog, Dinkeldog2, el-remmen, Eridanis, Henry, Hypersmurf, Pielorinho, Plane Sailing, Rel, Umbran

Remove ads