• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Reincarnation, ECls and supernatural abilitys

Aust Diamondew

First Post
Hi I am new to the boards.

Anyway onto my question, recently in my campaign that i am running my PC's had to use a scroll of reincarnate via use magic device to bring back a coualt to ask it a few questions. The coualt (now a dryad) was grateful for the reincarnation and through the party's sorcerer/dragon disciple's careful negotiation managed to get the coualt to came with the party and to assist it.

Since the coualt is now a dryad does it reatain it's psionic powers and other spell like abilitys.

And since it is weaker as a dryad does it's ECL change from 19 to 14 assuming it retains it's abilitys (I got these ECL's using an ECL calcualtor not an official source).

Thank you.

Jeremy

Explorer
Just so I understand, you want the ECL so you know how much the effective party level is for the purpose of awarding XP to the PC's?

Dark Dragon

Explorer
Hi Aust!

AFAIK, NPCs don't get XPs, but that's up to the DM.

The former couatl retains all its spell-like and psionic abilities ('cause they are mind-depending and though don't change on a reincarnation).

The ECL may be right. I use an ECL calculator, too, so I'm not familiar in doing the ECL-math myself...;)

Tiberius

Explorer
Aust Diamondew said:

through the party's sorcerer/dragon disciple's careful negotiation managed to get the coualt to came with the party and to assist it...

...Since the coualt is now a dryad does it reatain it's psionic powers and other spell like abilitys.

First off, how is the party getting around the fact that a dryad cannot move more the 30' away from her tree without withering and dying? As for the psionic powers, it depends on how you view them. I see psionic powers as properties of the creature's mind, and as such would be transferred when the coatl reincarnated. Non-psionic spell-like/supernatural powers not gained from class levels would be discarded, though, as they are a function of the particular magic infusing the being. All IMO, of course.

-Tiberius

Aust Diamondew

First Post
Symbiosis

Thank you the coualt will retain it's supernatural powers.

Symbiosis is a supernatural ability there fore the coualt would not gain it.

Would it's ecl change however with it's new form?

Remove ads