• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Recommend Any Good CRPG with Mounts?

Ranger REG

Explorer
Do you guys know of or have been playing an offline fantasy computer RPG that actually provide the PC/avatar with alternative mode of travel, like say a riding a horse or somesuch?

I've heard of a few that came out just this year, but I want to know if they're worth buying and playing.

Rackhir

Explorer
Elder Scrolls Oblivion at least has mods to add mounts. Just do a google search on it.

I'm not sure if the game includes them unmodified though, but I haven't played the game myself.

Gulla

Adventurer
Do you guys know of or have been playing an offline fantasy computer RPG that actually provide the PC/avatar with alternative mode of travel, like say a riding a horse or somesuch?

I've heard of a few that came out just this year, but I want to know if they're worth buying and playing.

Oblivion has mounts, but it is really badly implemented. I bought it (the mount, actually the fastet horse to get around faster), never used it again after trying for an hour or two. Just not worth it.

Mount & Blade is a "sandbox" RPG which is said to have a good implementation of mounts, but I haven't gotten around to play it yet. There used to be a demo of it so you could probably get to try it before you buy it.

Other than that I think the old Dragonlance (or was it Pern) "flight sim" with dragon mounts is the only RPG-like game I have played where mounts is actually fun to use.

Håkon
with a firm belief that the best use for a horse is in a sausage ;)

Last edited:

Roman

First Post
King's Bounty: The Legend has the hero always on the mount!

I only have the demo so far, but it seems to be a great old school RPG (but with new graphics) / Strategy hybrid and very fun indeed.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Mount & Blade is a "sandbox" RPG which is said to have a good implementation of mounts, but I haven't gotten around to play it yet. There used to be a demo of it so you could probably get to try it before you buy it.
I've been thinking about M&B since it also implement cavalry combat feature, but the graphics feel retro (like MM7).

I've already decided and ordered to get King's Bounty: The Legend prior to posting this message.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads