Ready Action to Move with Creature

doktorstick

First Post
As a DM, would you allow a Readied Action to move with another creature? Specifically, if the creature in question moved 5' or 60', the readied character would maintain a specified distance while not to exceeding his move rate for the round.

If the coditions are quite right, but you would allow the "move with character" readied actions, what would your restrictions be?

Cheers,
/ds

Malin Genie

First Post
I would certainly allow the simple "move with opponent" (could be quite useful against spellcasters, unless they double move to get out of your way; even then you get an AoO against them.)

However, I would not allow conditionals or double-options (like - "I move with him and then attack him if he's moved less than 5ft because then it's still a partial action to attack" or "I move with him, using a partial charge to also attack him if he moves more than 10ft" etc.)

theridion

First Post
doubly so, i think it is rule's coherant... as part of an action on your turn, you can normall drop your "partial action" for a move equivalent action...

as i believe it was posted on the boards here... if you have 10 points on a turn, a full round action takes 10, a partial action takes 5, and a move equivalent action takes 4... just as a thought.

the part about the moving with an opponent

as for specifics of how far i'd let someone move, i'd allow a player to "move with person X, staying 10 feet away" or some such comment...

Last edited:

Ziggy

First Post
I allow it in my game, both for PC's and NPC's :)

It has been used frequently, the PC's main use is to make a coordinated move into unknown territory. And it is also used for charges against shield walls, doors etc.

IMHO it works seamlessly with the system, and creates very vivid scenes.

.Ziggy

Remove ads