• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ransom for Retirement (El Jefe Judging)

Knight Otu

First Post
buzzard said:
Lupic looks to his compatriots and asks
"When big man done blessing food, will any be left for us?"

buzzard
"Hopefully." Semabin whispers back "I mean, we consider it unusual to devote one's life to a single deity, but it certainly happens. There are many Sairundani priests that prove so. But to that extent..."

Findlefarb

First Post
SlagMortar said:
One boy follows Fenwick to his seat and as he's just beginning to take a bite says, "Are you a hippogriff trainer? What else do you know about them?"
Fenwick's eyes twinkle with delight as he speaks with the boy.

"Oh, hippogriffs! They're fantastic beasts! Imagine a stately steed, the largest horse, muscles rippling as it charges forth with sheer power--then give it wings! And talons! And a beak! When you train them, you have to start early. You need to take care of them, give them a loving home while they're colts. And that's no easy feat, mind you! Horses, you can fence them in. You make sure they have a good pasture, and you're in good shape. Hippogriffs, on the other hand, can't be fenced in. They fly right out! That's why the good home is so important. You have to make sure they can trust you, that you'll always be there to feed them, and protect them. Then, they'll stick around, because you're so good to them. That's how you get to ride them. The hippogriff doesn't mind you on its back, because you're its friend. And that's when you get to fly!"

D20Dazza

Explorer
Kyle listens intently to the conversation unable to provide any input as there is a constant stream of food and drink moving from hand to mouth.

SlagMortar

First Post
The boys hang on Fenwick's every word, loving the vivid descriptions.

Debra answers, "Well, the biggest news from up in Apple Glade is probably that Karl Klosterman was back. At least for a day or so. He's a bit of a local hero up there, seeing as how he went off to the big city and made a successful name for himself. Not sure why he'd be back."

D20Dazza

Explorer
Between bites Kyle manages to squeeze out "Karl you say, I've heard of him. He's a man I'd like to have a conversation with, hear of some of his exploits, he works as a gaurd for caravans out of the city doesn't he?" the last said with a subtle wink at his comrades.

SlagMortar

First Post
"Ah yes, he is. Not real famous with the common folk, but many of the merchants in the area have heard his name. He's one of the better guides for the area between Rivenblight and Orussus. How did you come ot hear of his reputation?"

IcyCool

First Post
Deos digs into the meal with much appreciation. I can see how a man might dedicate himself to this sort of life. He thinks. After listening to Kyle and Debra's conversation for a bit, Deos asks, "Tell me miss, how far can we expect the trip to Apple Glade to be?" He already got an estimate from the boy outside, but it never hurts to get a second opinion.

SlagMortar

First Post
With a smile, she says, "Oh, you'll make it tomorrow for sure if you travel the rest of the day and don't sleep in too late tomorrow. Might even make it by lunch time."

IcyCool

First Post
Deos smiles, "That is excellent news, as we are on a bit of a schedule. 'Tis a pity that we cannot linger here at this fine establishment. Perhaps after our business is concluded we can return and partake of more of your fine hospitality?" He flashes her another smile.

OOC: What time of day is it? If it is around noonish, we should probably just forge on ahead. If it is evening, we should probably stay until morning.

Remove ads