• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Races/creatures with six fingers?

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
Looking for races (or humanoid-ish creatures) with six fingers on a hand; or more specifically, five fingers and a thumb.
Yes, I could google, but that's too easy.
☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️(y)

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
Are you looking for official races or fantasy art that all explicitly all have this, or DnD races that could have this (i.e Simic Hybrid, Warforged, Changeling, Tiefling).
Either is fine, "could have six fingers" or "do have six fingers by official description".
The main attribute I'm looking for is that they're more or less humanoid, giant, fey, etc. (IE, not looking for six claws or tentacles or whatnot per major appendage.)

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
Humans have five fingers so having a number of digits greater than that is difficult to manage with makeup & not too likely to be seen in fiction. You ca find plenty of rubber forehead aliens*, funny eared aliens*, & even really wack ones like Saru the rubber forehead alien in pony boots. Six fingers is pretty much the realm of starfish aliens though.
1629575675499.png

oops apparently they have seven fingers not six. If you read the book with the short story there's a lot that doesn't translate well into the film about the gift they give her & some on why they came.
*aliens can be replaced with anything, it's just a trope name

Remove ads