• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Questions. Need some help populating my dungeon

graydoom

First Post
DocMoriartty said:
1. The fanatics in my dungeon are actually going to be prepared to repel adventurers. At the front I plan on having them arrange one of those large siege type devices that when fired shoots 10 spears at the target. Are there any rules for this I can use?
You could just scale up the ballista rules on page 152 in the DMG. Each spear would get an unmodified attack roll (just a d20), each spear or bolt would do 3d6 damage on a hit, and it would take 1 person 3 full-round actions per spear or bolt to reload and :):):):) them.

Wicht

Hero
I would just have the spear machine do multiple attacks and have each successive attack per round have a lower chance to hit due to the kick of firing. Of course spears that missed the one in front might still hit someone behind them.

The idea is a weapon built around 10 tubes each holding a spear. A large bar that is held back is released and strikes the butts of all 10 spears throwing them all forward at the same time.

Wicht said:
I would just have the spear machine do multiple attacks and have each successive attack per round have a lower chance to hit due to the kick of firing. Of course spears that missed the one in front might still hit someone behind them.

Remove ads