Questions about the spell Statue

gfunk

First Post
Could someone please explain portions of this spell to me:

1) When the subject turns into a statue, is he treated as a construct for purposes of spells? For instance, is he immune to enchantments?

2) "Feeling is limited to those sesations that can affect the granit-hard substance of th indiviudal's body. Chipping is equal to a mere scratch, but breaking of one of the arms is serious damage."

Does this statement mean that the statue can be smacked with a hardness of 8 as per the spell? Or does it mean that someone can specifically target areas of the statue to strike (e.g. head, arms)? Can a the statue be coup-de-graced?

Thanks!

gfunk

First Post
*bump*

Come on, no one has used this spell in their campaign?

How do you handle it? How would you handle it?

Post something . . . pretty please :)

apsuman

First Post
gfunk said:
Could someone please explain portions of this spell to me:

1) When the subject turns into a statue, is he treated as a construct for purposes of spells? For instance, is he immune to enchantments?

2) "Feeling is limited to those sesations that can affect the granit-hard substance of th indiviudal's body. Chipping is equal to a mere scratch, but breaking of one of the arms is serious damage."

Does this statement mean that the statue can be smacked with a hardness of 8 as per the spell? Or does it mean that someone can specifically target areas of the statue to strike (e.g. head, arms)? Can a the statue be coup-de-graced?

Thanks!

Ok, you asked.

I would not treat him as a construct for the purpose of spells. His buddies could buff him up if they wanted to. However, he would be subject to spells that effected stone.

The hardness should be applied to all attacks against him.

I do not see how a person could coup de grace him unless he were unconscious.

But, I am not heavily invested in these positions, and could easily be swayed by the presuasive speaker.

g!

Dr. Zoom

First Post
I have not had this spell IMC yet. My group is not high enough yet to use it. But I will give you my opinion.

1. No. You don't become a construct just because you are transformed into a stone statue. You still have mental ability scores and constitution (unlike most constructs) and are therefore vulnerable to Enchantment spells and the like.

2. This seems like flavor text, since normally you do not perform called shots. It would be easier to hit someone in statue form, but you would apply the hardness, too.

I would treat this as striking an inanimate, immobile object (page 135, PH). So no crits or coup de grace's.

Remove ads