• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Question about the Character Builder.

Lord Pendragon

First Post
Heyo folks,

So, after trying the demo, I am in love with the Wizards character builder, and have just slapped down the 8 bucks to play with the full version. So far I'm loving it every bit as much as I thought I would.

However, I'm having a bit of trouble with the house rule features. I'm trying to create a character which is legal in all ways, except that he's large-sized. This doesn't present much of a problem, except when it comes to equipping his weapons.

Is there a way to disable the weapon rules, so I can stick a longsword in his offhand? Or create a longsword with the off-hand property? Or some other way to get this to work?

Thanks for any help. :)

Lord Pendragon

First Post
My problem would also be solved if I could give the character an extra feat...? :.-(

Edit: Nevermind, found the add-a-feat houserule option. :p

This character builder is awesome. :)

Last edited:

Fallen Seraph

First Post
Off the top of my head I can think of a couple things you can do:
  • You could alter the D# of the weapon in the equipment section. Once you select a weapon and add it to your list, right click and go to "customize item"
  • You can give him a extra feat. There is a button in the section that lists the feats you have and it gives you a extra feat.
Edit: Nvm. I see you found out the extra feat button.

Lord Pendragon

First Post
Thanks, Seraph.

Originally I did increase the damage on the weapon, which worked perfectly to model a large-weapon while still allowing the character builder to function.

My problem arose when I tried to level up the character and give him Weapon Expertise. The character (large-sized) wields a Greatsword in the main-hand, and a longsword in the off-hand. This allows him to apply Weapon Expertise (Heavy Blades) to both main and off-hand attacks.

Unfortunately, using a Longsword/Shortsword with increased damage meant the feat would only apply to the main-hand.

As you suggested, I just added "Weapon Expertise (light blades) and it solved the problem. :)

I can see it'll take me a while to truly master this thing, but I am really loving it. It even creates power cards for me, so I don't have to do them myself in another program. :)

Remove ads