• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Question about Spells per day.

borc killer

First Post
If this is in the FAQ or something let me know but I have not seen it discussed here… so maybe it is just the obvious answer… but here it goes.

Say I have a character with 6 levels divine caster and then decide to take a PrC that adds to the Spells per Day of my divine class. Do I still get the extra spells for my domain? And do my domain’s Granted Power increase in effectiveness? I think I still get the spells as I gain spells as a cleric which means you get the domain spells… but not sure about the granted powers… I just don’t see how you could have one with out the other. Any help would be great.

Borc Killer

Last edited:

dcollins

Explorer
You have it exactly. This ability specifically says that you get spells per day as if you'd advanced in the original class, but no other benefits.

Note the printed example of benefits that are not gained (under Loremaster): control/rebuke undead. Note also that numerous domain abilities are in fact the ability to control/rebuke some other monster type in addition to undead. Therefore, those abilities are clearly not included.

Last edited:

shilsen

Adventurer
What dcollins said. Also, many of the domain abilities are level-based. Unless specifically stated as such, these are based on class level and not character level, so they will not improve with PrC levels.

Khristos

First Post
No dice on the domain powers only the spells as already posted. When you are planning on bailing to a PrC from baseline cleric at the start of a career view and see if any domains you can take are not reliant on cleric level.

Now for a question of my own ( I may have missed this in CD) If you take a PrC that grants an extra domain does it advance with the PrC level or cleric level? Right now I am limiting my player to PrC level but I dont want to be denying her to something she should have.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads