• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Queen of Lies SPOILERS Maybe

Anyone run it? I plan on running for my brother's group in about a week or so and was looking for anyone's experiences with it. I plan to place a quick sideplot dealing with another drow house being framed for the opening events leading the party to help Alevolenz destroy some of her enemies (namely a consort for a rival house's matriarch), and changing Alevolenz herself a little (actual physical twins rather than as presented). Any other ideas or help out there?

Thanks
THullgrim

allenw

Explorer
thullgrim said:
Anyone run it? I plan on running for my brother's group in about a week or so and was looking for anyone's experiences with it. I plan to place a quick sideplot dealing with another drow house being framed for the opening events leading the party to help Alevolenz destroy some of her enemies (namely a consort for a rival house's matriarch), and changing Alevolenz herself a little (actual physical twins rather than as presented). Any other ideas or help out there?

Thanks
THullgrim

I advise against changing Alevolenz in that matter. As written, she has great creepiness potential, and can buff herselves more effectively and twice as fast.
If you want to prevent your players from blowing through the Hanging Tower cavern without stopping (mine had learned about it through Speak with Dead after the ambush, and went through that cave Flying and Invisible), get the Bebilith more directly involved and have it spin some sheet webs across the path.
I bumped several of the NPCs up a level or two for my campaign, and updated some of the monsters to 3.5; email me if you want a Word document.
If your players are having too easy a time, give Intalequi a Displacer Beast Lord ("daddy" to the regular ones) as a pet.
Don't forget the special traps on all bridge entrances, even though they're only mentioned in the text for the first one.

Remove ads