• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Prospective E-tools purchase

ok, thinking about buying e-tools. Need something to generate monster's and NPC's store spells, create characters and so on. Now I have some questions before I run out and do this:

Does etools support custom information from third party sources or homemade? I assume e-tools helper provides an interface for the dummy user (me) to mess with the databases without monkeying with access, is this correct? Is the information recallable meaning if I want to simply look up a spell or Prc or something can I do that or is it simply a big generator?

Davin

First Post
eTools comes with a House Rules Editor which allows you to get in there and play around with your custom rules. It can handle most things, but not everything.

ET Helper will let you easily manipulate your database contents (import, export, delete, organize, etc.) and allows easy entry/editing of Classes and Exotic Materials (at present), which covers most of the needs that aren't handled by the eTools HRE.

If you need anything else (primarily weird stuff), you'll want something like Access to get at the database directly.

If you have other questions, drop by the CMP forums and ask -- they're a friendly barrel of monkeys over there.

Does that help?

Remove ads