• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Preview Adventure for FFG's Grimm

tsadkiel

Legend
So the free preview adventure for FFG's Grimm is finally up on the Game Trade Magazine website.

I've been looking forward to the book for a while now, so here's what I think about the preview:

Judging from ther preview, the classes seem to be Jock, Nerd, Popular Kid, Dreamer, Bully, and Outcast. I think they cover a pretty good selection of KidLit character archetypes, and actual kids, for that matter. I'm not wild about the class names, however - Jock and Nerd sound more "Breakfast Club" than "Spiderwick Chronicles" to me.

The preview mentions pregenerated characters on the FFG website, but they're not up yet, alas.

The skill list looks like it's been consolidated a bit - the adventure calls for Notice checks, rather than Listen, Spot, and Search, for example. This is a good thing IMO. The feat names also sound in genre.

There are some mechanics mentioned but not described - something about Imagination points, for instance.

The adventure itself is actually interesting. I like the fact that the climax doesn't rely on combat. And the take on "All the King's horses and all the King's men" is pretty darned creepy.

All in all, my appetite is whetted. I'm looking forward to the final product.

Remove ads