• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Post count- whats the big deal?

Harmon

First Post
I see these threads about people finally having X number of posts or "I'm finally X level" but I don't get it. Why is it important to you to have a post count of X? Doesn't it just prove that you have no life away from gaming and posting on EN World?

Personally I think its more impressive to have been a member for four years and have 200 posts, it proves that you have other things that keep you busy in life- like maybe showering, or getting out of your parents basement, or going to the gym, or I don't know- anything else.

:D One more post towards my 3rd level!

hafrogman

Adventurer
Congratulations on insulting about half of the board's population in one paragraph. :p

It's not that post count is important in and of itself, but it represents contribution to the community as a whole, rather than simply sitting on the sidelines observing. One could live in their parent's basement, unwashed and flabby and never post.

Or one could be shaved, showered and dressed; out gainfully employed so they can support themselves, and yet still find time to join in the EN World community and connect with people with similer interests.

Ferret

Explorer
Or perhaps these people are so busy doing real life stuff that they like to relax online and joke about how they've leveled up, and one day hope to defeat the great Crothian.... ;)

And you can only shower so many times :p

Harmon said:
I see these threads about people finally having X number of posts or "I'm finally X level" but I don't get it. Why is it important to you to have a post count of X? Doesn't it just prove that you have no life away from gaming and posting on EN World?

Personally I think its more impressive to have been a member for four years and have 200 posts, it proves that you have other things that keep you busy in life- like maybe showering, or getting out of your parents basement, or going to the gym, or I don't know- anything else.

:D One more post towards my 3rd level!

Yeah!

Mycanid

First Post
Awww ... don't worry Harmon. :)

We're just clowning around a bit.

Don't take us too seriously.

Oh yes ... congrats on getting to second level, btw. ;)

Ferret

Explorer
hafrogman said:
Pfft, says YOU. I bought a waterproof laptop.

I'm naked and dripping wet RIGHT NOW.

In fact, I should probably go have a shower now.

La-dee-daw!

For the record I shower once a day :p

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads