• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC Post about number of employees at WOTC working in D&D Division?

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
A long time ago @Morrus used to keep a list of the full time employees working on D&D specifically at WOTC.

I wonder if anyone knows where that list is at? I doubt it's been kept updated but I was curious where it left off.

I am not looking for the names of employees. I just wanted to see if we could figure out vaguely roughly how many full time employees they have working on D&D, or at least that they did have at some point.

I know Mike Mearls at one point (I think in 2016) said it was 25 full time with another 5 part time, on Twitter.

darjr

I crit!
There was a thread about ex employees.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
A long time ago @Morrus used to keep a list of the full time employees working on D&D specifically at WOTC.

I wonder if anyone knows where that list is at? I doubt it's been kept updated but I was curious where it left off.

I am not looking for the names of employees. I just wanted to see if we could figure out vaguely roughly how many full time employees they have working on D&D, or at least that they did have at some point.

I know Mike Mearls at one point (I think in 2016) said it was 25 full time with another 5 part time, on Twitter.
It's way more now than in 2016.

We know that there are at least five project leads (Jeremy Crawford, Chris Perkins, James Wyatt, F. Wesley Scheider, and Amanda Hammon), maybe 6 by now (Justice Armin?). There are a ton of junior designers and art people now, too.

Mistwell

We know that there are at least five project leads (Jeremy Crawford, Chris Perkins, James Wyatt, F. Wesley Scheider, and Amanda Hammon), maybe 6 by now (Justice Armin?). There are a ton of junior designers and art people now, too.
Right. So what's a ton? How can we even vaguely estimate it? I guess Linked In?

Mistwell

Linked-In lists 31 employees at WOTC with the word Dungeons in their link. All those people plus some.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads