• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Please rate Dual Strike

Please rate the usefulness/must have of Dual Strike

• 1 - You should never take this feat

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • 2- Not very useful

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • 3- of limited use

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • 4- below average

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • 5- Average

Votes: 8 12.1%
  • 6- above average

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • 7- above average and cool

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • 8- good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9- Very good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10- Everyone should take this feat

Votes: 1 1.5%

dorain

First Post
1st: as written the feat is nearly useless.
2nd: we've house ruled out the need for both parties to have the feat.
3rd: if you really have a problem with him posting these polls, demonstrate this gripe by not reading and posting in them multiple times. if you don't like the show, change the damn channel already. don't waste the time of people trying to read threads with this petty garbage.

Paul_Klein

Explorer
Yes, I for one like the current setup of yours.

The ability for people to converse about one feat is really fun, IMO.

Don't listen to the other guys who are too grumpy for their own good. Its a public message board. If you don't like it guys, LEAVE *waves*.

gamecat

Explorer
Well, Smetzger, these threads are as annoying as hell, but for "love of the game", You'll have my vote in each thread.

*Digging a hole, dropping in a hatchet, burying the bastard*

I took this feat for my fighter/rogue and her cohort. Why you ask?! they're already always trying to flank for sneak attacks anyways. The fighter/rogue uses that extra +2 hit for a further power attack thank you very much. The +2 makes it more likey that the rogue cohort will hit.

I still vote of Limited use anyways as with my other characters i likely wouldn't have EVAR taken this feat, even my fighter/rogue in another game wouldn't have taken it cause no one else in the group would EVAR work with him in combat, only the stupid summoned fiendish rat of the wizards

Last edited:

ConcreteBuddha

First Post
The reason why I like this feat is because if an enemy is flanked by two people, he is also considered flanked by everyone who threatens him. An entire party plus cohorts plus power attack and dual strike can be extremely effective.

Think teamwork, guys... ;)

Tar-Edhel

First Post
Ridley's Cohort said:
Dual Strike as freebie for a PrC is a brilliant idea. That makes sense.

But what the heck does "average to above average in the right circumstances" mean? That is true of every single feat ever published including the underpowered AND overpowered ones.

OK. Right circumstances: 2 rogues in the party. Both already have Power attack (Prereq for Expert tactician; a quite useful feat). Why not have each rogue take dual strike to be able to get that precious +2 to hit (for sneak attacks, mind you). Even useful for a fighter (who, we can assume, already has power attack) who gets a +2 to pump his damage. The fighter attacks the Big Bad Guy, the rogues gets in position to flank, both gets +4 to hit.

As the proud owner of a 14th level barbarian with a +4 greataxe and strength in the 30's when raging/Bull Strength, I can assure you that you take all the pluses to hit you can when facing a high-Ac opponent. I don't need help to hit, I need help to hit when putting +10 in power attack. :D

So yes, average to above average in the right circumstances. Useless if taken as a stand-alone (without partners).

Believe it or not a lot of feats out there are below average. Funny how that happens.

Don't tell me... I had to take Endurance to qualify for a (home-brewed) PrC. Never used it yet. I'm waiting for the right circumstances... ;)

Celebrim

Legend
This is one of those feats that the concept is good, but the execution is bad.

I've houseruled it so that it has no feats as prequisite, and a required BAB of only +1. This means that it is alot easier to get to, which lets me use it as a NPC feat regularly. No PC's have gone this route.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads