• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Player's Handbook...any monsters?

Drkfathr1

First Post
So I'm wondering, and hoping someone from WOTC might chime in....

Since there's a month between the release of the Player's handbook and the Monster Manual, will we get a small selection of monsters in the Player's handbook the way we did with the 3.0 edition?

People are going to want to start playing right away, and fledgling campaigns are going to need some monsters!

wedgeski

Adventurer
It took me longer to get a game going when 3.0 came out than it did for the Monster Manual to arrive. :) In the meantime those few in the back gave me enough rope to learn the rules with.

The more likely alternative is that they will release a few monsters and encounters on the web site.

takasi

First Post
I'm guessing we'll see many DM's building variants of Shadowfell Keep monsters for at least a month or two. It will be a unique moment in 4E history.

jodyjohnson

Adventurer
Pre-MM monster sources:

1. The first module - April 08 release
2. DDI previews and free web content - possibly beginning in January (after the world book)
3. DDM stat cards - April 08 release, the first example is only 4 weeks away (Worldwide Gameday)

Szatany

First Post
jodyjohnson said:
Pre-MM monster sources:

1. The first module - April 08 release
2. DDI previews and free web content - possibly beginning in January (after the world book)
3. DDM stat cards - April 08 release, the first example is only 4 weeks away (Worldwide Gameday)
Don't forget that Worldbuilding 4e preview book (or whatever was it called) that is out in december.

jodyjohnson

Adventurer
Szatany said:
Don't forget that Worldbuilding 4e preview book (or whatever was it called) that is out in december.

I don't expect much crunch in there since they said it doesn't have the crunch.

Basically it's already written and the monsters are still in development.

I expect a Off to Press news item on the December one within a week or two.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads