Permanency and Dispel Magic

Weeble

First Post
kreynolds said:
Honestly, I don't care one way or the other if they're dispelled or suppressed, but I needed to know for a solo game I run with a sorcerer/rogue on a weekly basis.

(And yes, just in case any of you are wondering, I told her about the whole half cost to wealth magic item thing. She laughed really hard and really loud. :) )

Well, tell her to read Sean K Reynold's Threads :D

laiyna

First Post
meta gamming......

I find the permanancy infact very cheap.

I got a level 4 sorcerer, and baught a few scrolls with the permanency spell. The scrolls cost 25gp x 5 x 11 = 1375 gp
Now I got as a grey elf (kalamar setting) a permanent dark vision and see invisibility. With a starting wealth of 5400 gp I found it cheap. The 2000 xp is not much compared to a +1 ECL race (whats much more expensive and gives less advantages).

Only a level 11 wizard/cleric can try to dispel the dark vision and see invisibility. And how many agresive ones do you think we will mee soon?

Lai

kreynolds

First Post
Re: meta gamming......

laiyna said:
Only a level 11 wizard/cleric can try to dispel the dark vision and see invisibility. And how many agresive ones do you think we will mee soon?

Just don't forget that the DC to dispel your permanent spells never gets higher. Once you put it on you, it's set. For instance, if you're 10th level when you put darkvision on yourself, from that day forward, it will only take an 11th level wizard to dispel it, even if you're an Epic Level 30th Wizard.

Remove ads