• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Peripherals Checklist

sheadunne

Explorer
Aside from the rules of the game, which I hope will be compatible with my style of gaming, here is a quick checklist of items that are important to me.

• PDFs of books
  • Builder software (character, monster, etc), non subscription based, compatible with Macs (Herolabs is coming along with Mac support)
  • iOS apps (for ipad and iphone), more important for me than the above software
  • Miniatures, pre-painted, plastic (Wizkids are nice, but a bit more than I want to pay), and bring back the DDM game while they're at it ;)

What's on your Peripherals Checklist?

seregil

First Post
Software must be able to permit source selection, not just all or one.
Apps must work with Android also.
Non-Random miniatures, if any.

BobTheNob

First Post
I don't need anything other than rules and dice. (Or want anything, or am willing to spend money on anything).
Where is my cookie jar?

In the mean time I would also like to add for us hacks in the audience that the app must have some capacity for communication. Every player in our group owns an iOs device. I want that in game information is synchronized such that every device is up to date and using one datasource. So if the dm makes a change, it automatically reflects out to all devices.

I want my players looking at their character sheets on a device...when damage is applied, I want the devices to reflect this. When a resource is spent, I wan the devices to reflect this, then a modifier is applied...you get the idea.

Basically, ensure all players are looking at the same datasource and able to get answers to questions as to the state of play without having to pesker the DM all the time.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
1. Good, well-designed, engaging adventures; written purely as such rather than just as platforms to "show off the system" like some of the early 3e and 4e adventures were. Oh, and produced on actual real paper (with a removeable cardstock cover with the map on the inside) such that I can walk down to my FLGS, pick it up off a shelf, and take it to the counter to purchase.
2. See 1, above.
3. More of the same.
4. There's a trend here...
5. Back to 1 again.
6. There is no number 6.
7. Try 5, above; or 2, or 1...

All other peripherals are, well, just peripherals.

Lanefan

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads