• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder Setting: Map up!

hong

WotC's bitch
James Jacobs said:
A few of the names are doubtless going to change as well; the Varisian Bay is turning into the Varisian Gulf, for example; it IS too big to be a bay, after all.

The Bay of Bengal is pretty big....

Beckett

Explorer
demiurge1138 said:
Me, I'm more bugged by the "Gnarly Woods". Do they lead to the "Totally Tubular Hills"?

Don't know about the hills, but when I was trying to place Savage Gates of Slaughtergard, I found one river that fit my view of where the area should go. So, my campaign started on the banks of the Kewl River.

Ry

Explorer
Holy smokes, that's one fine-lookin' map. I'd love a version without the names, though.

Last edited:

Jürgen Hubert

First Post
JustKim said:
I just about died when I read some of the locations in Eberron: Fort Bones and Fort Zombie.

Actually, I think those names are perfect. Just how a bunch of cynical soldiers (and all soldiers are cynical, once they have seen some action in the field) would call places defended by undead. I guess the names just stuck.

Arnwyn

First Post
Timmundo said:
While the map is nice, it does look an awful lot like ... Faerun
Well, no... no it doesn't. Not even close. (Unless you mean that it has, you know, mountains and rivers.)

Believe me, I wish it did - I think the Pathfinder series biggest drawback to me is that the adventures won't be easily insertable into the Forgotten Realms... (as much as Paizo is trying to insist it does). I'm hopeful, though!

Mark Plemmons

Explorer
Shadowdancer said:
I like the map. Of course, I'm a sucker for maps anyway.

I like the desert plateau sheer drop-off into forest and grasslands. An interesting terrain feature. Dennis McKiernan used something similar in his Mithgar novels.

But as someone mentioned, the rivers don't seem to flow naturally. And that southernmost river, Yondabakari; with the output from two large lakes, downstream from Wartle it would be huge. Although seepage from it could help produce the Mushfens.

I imagine (hope) there's probably going to be a lot of magic infusing the land, influencing the terrain. It's a very pretty map, but the drop-off and a lot of the mountains and rivers don't make any sense, in terms of real geography and how mountains are formed and rivers flow. Of course, I'm one of those people who can't help noticing those kinds of things. :\

Mark Plemmons said:
I imagine (hope) there's probably going to be a lot of magic infusing the land, influencing the terrain. It's a very pretty map, but the drop-off and a lot of the mountains and rivers don't make any sense, in terms of real geography and how mountains are formed and rivers flow. Of course, I'm one of those people who can't help noticing those kinds of things. :\

Of course, you guys made a pretty map. :D

I like the Pathfinder map too.

Ender_rpm

First Post
Very pretty, good job!! Of course, now I'll have to go and redo my home brew, as it has the "massive gelogical fault creates cliff seperating high lands form low lands" in it too. Grr.. :)

Remove ads