• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder Minis Announced!!!

Odhanan

Adventurer
Yup. These guys are kind of expensive for basic miniatures, since there aren't any $4 entry prices, like it or not, but this is probably a very limited line, with higher costs for the company. I think it's fair for the Pathfinder fan who wants "the PF Goblins". People who aren't big fans probably won't buy them anyway.

I'm interested in the Goblins, personally.

Nice except for one thing- release time.

To buy, fin, prime, paint, gloss, and place on flock (details) you need time. These are being released either after the adventure is out or worse- you may have already finished it.

Release the figures BEFORE the adventure is published.

that said- I like them

+5 Keyboard!

First Post
I'm stoked that some of my characters/monsters from Sins of the Saviors are probably going to be immortalized as miniatures. I mean, how friggin' cool is that?!

Oh, and I agree that it would have been cool to get them sooner, but I imagine that Paizo has tried their best to make that happen. But since they are relying on another company to produce them, it's a little bit out of their control.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Odhanan said:
Yup. These guys are kind of expensive for basic miniatures, since there aren't any $4 entry prices, like it or not, but this is probably a very limited line, with higher costs for the company. I think it's fair for the Pathfinder fan who wants "the PF Goblins". People who aren't big fans probably won't buy them anyway.

Most likely true - the fewer of a given product that you are likely to sell the more that you have to charge, just to cover costs.

There are companies that charge as much, and more, for unpainted plastic minis that they sell in much larger numbers than these are likely to see. *Cough*Games Workshop*Cough cough*

The Auld Grump

Treebore

First Post
Odhanan said:

Yeah, I'm betting this is why the price points are so high. If I can afford them I'll get them. If I can't, I obviously won't.

Treebore

First Post
+5 Keyboard! said:
I'm stoked that some of my characters/monsters from Sins of the Saviors are probably going to be immortalized as miniatures. I mean, how friggin' cool is that?!

Oh, and I agree that it would have been cool to get them sooner, but I imagine that Paizo has tried their best to make that happen. But since they are relying on another company to produce them, it's a little bit out of their control.

I would bet they were worried enough about the success of Pathfinder and the survival of their company. Now that they are finally doing this I hope it means their success is strong enough to mean they are sticking around for good.

Heck, I don't even like their item cards line, but I intend on getting the ones for Runelords, just to complete the immersion into the environment as much as possible.

Heck, I would love for them to partner with Fat Dragon Games and sell 3D cardstock setups for the key locations and all of Sandpoint.

That would friggin ROCK!! Tom T. If your reading this, give Paizo a call. If you think you can do it, which I am sure you can after seeing your more recent offerings, this will be great!

Last edited:

James Jacobs

Adventurer
Although the minis are late for people who are playing Runelords right out of the can... the minis still work fine for those who come to Runelords a year or 10 years from now. Also: we'll be featuring goblins and sinspawn and ogres now and then in the future.

I'd love to have the entire line of minis come out in the month that Pathfinder does, of course, but since Crocodile can't get started until we get them art, and we don't get final art until we're pretty close to shipping Pathfinder to the printer... that'd be kinda tough.

ALSO: I've seen greens and sculpts up through Pathfinder 3... there's some great stuff coming!

JoeGKushner

First Post
Any particulart criteria for the critters selected? Koruvus from Burnt Offerings seems perfect for his own mini as he's basically a mutant freak style monster and isn't bound to have many ways to represent him. And I wouldn't mind seeing some goblin dogs on their own.

FATDRAGONGAMES

First Post
Treebore said:
Heck, I would love for them to partner with Fat Dragon Games and sell 3D cardstock setups for the key locations and all of Sandpoint.

That would friggin ROCK!! Tom S. If your reading this, give Paizo a call. If you think you can do it, which I am sure you can after seeing your more recent offerings, this will be great!

Hmmm.... ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads