• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E PATHFINDER: A First Look

DonTadow

First Post
I doubt this thing will be a web magazine as much as it will be a subcription website,

I know its going to suck, but this came up a few months ago when wotc was fishing their paid subscription site, now dragon, dungeon and most of their free stuff now will probably be on this subscription site

Heck if they put errata on the site you'd almost haveto subscribe to it.

philreed

Adventurer
Supporter
JoeGKushner said:
Only thing I see there for Pathfinder is the movie stuff with a great cover by Christopher Shy.

. . . who did more than just the graphic novel. He spent about 18 months on different visual aspects of the film.

DonTadow said:
Heck if they put errata on the site you'd almost have to subscribe to it.
If they make errata only available to people prepared to pay for it, I will be even less happy than I am at the moment. And I still won't be subscribing.

However, I doubt they will do that.

Erik Mona said:
Earlier today, while pondering this issue, I came up with the idea of a fairly sizable annual collection of, say, 30 or so of this type of adventure, written 100% by "new" authors who query and submit the modules to us. In this case I mean "new" authors who have not yet been assigned a Pathfinder adventure or GameMastery Module. This would be a stand-alone softcover book, most likely. Let's say 150-200 pages long. Anyone think that would be fun?

--Erik
I just got Dungeon 146. Escape from Meenlock Prison is awesome, in the way only a Dungeon low level adventure can be awesome. Its my favourite adventure since the "guiding the giant beetles through the underdark" one.

If its a 150 to 200 page book of one-off adventures, edited by you guys, then I'll buy it.

Olaf the Stout said:
It will cost $19.99 US off the shelf or $13.99 US to subscribers (30% discount). I think the shipping costs for international customers is $5. This makes it about $24 AU after shipping.
Its $5 shipping for me in the UK. Dunno how much it costs to you antipodeans.

I gave up subscribing to Dungeon and Dragon when they had their distribution problems. I now buy them each month from my FLGS. Nineteen dollars is pretty much the same as the ten pounds it costs me at the moment for Dungeon and Dragon.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Good luck with it Erik, good luck...
Erik Mona said:
Folks,

On behalf of the entire Paizo family, I wanted to thank all of you for the many generous comments you've made about us and our work on the magazines. Thanks especially to those of you who have jumped aboard the Good Ship Pathfinder. You're in for a treat.

We've just posted the first installment of the new DAILY Pathfinder Blog, with a sneak peak at the setting of the Rise of the Runelords Adventure Path and an absolutely sweet picture from Wayne Reynolds.

Check it out.

And thanks again for all of your support.

--Erik Mona
Publisher
Paizo Publishing, LLC

I've got my PbP recruiting thread going fairly swimmingly for Pathfinder here on EN World. I'm recruiting for 4-6. Is Varisia low, high, or medium magic? Are psionics an innate part of the setting or are they considered an option? Other than the standard quartet of arcane magic user, healer, fighter, and rogue, is there a particular class that would come in particularly handy?

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I'm intrigued, but not yet committed to the idea/price point of Pathfinder. I truly enjoy the work you do/did in Dragon and Dungeon, but that price point seems a tad high to me.

Will there be (this is going to sound soooooo stupid) on-line support? For example, will I be able to get maps in 1 inch=5feet for the key encounter areas (or maybe that will be in the book)? This is the thing I want most in adventure I buy lately, as maps really seem to open up the creativity of those I play with (mostly kids right now, which is good and bad - I do get to spend more time with my kids).

I'm 100% certain to buy the first one, to see how it looks, good luck Paizo, I hope you make tons of money.

Remove ads