• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder #4 - I have it!

HeavenShallBurn said:
Must Resist....fails Will save

There upon the road, there shinned a shinny demon :lol:

Play the Best Song in the World, Or I'll Eat Your Souls (Su) (1/Encounter): Each character within 30 feet of a Shiny Demon must make a DC 30 perform check or be the target of an Implosion spell (DC 29) and a Soul Trap spell (DC 29). Using this ability is an Immediate action.

-TRRW

DM_Jeff

Explorer
GlassJaw said:
Dunno, I just the overall dungeon ecology of this module seriously lacking. There was no interaction between the occupants or good explanations as to why they were there or what they did before the adventurers showed up to slaughter them.

I have to agree with Glassjaw here, I got the exact same impression. Specifically, the first three had amazing character interactions and storylines that involved NPCs with a host of negotiation, investigation, terror and meaningful combat. I have loved them all, it's turned my view of D&D in new directions.

But #4 will be getting quite a bit of add-ons and fixin's from me when I run it. NPC interactions are nearly gone, with the exception of a discussion or two that *might* take place once in the dungeons. Otherwise it's a big fightfest start to finish. A good one, no doubt, but it suddenly seems lacking that element the first thre thrived on so well.

Still, the artwork, the Pathfinder Journal, the new monsters, and the awesome article on Dragons easily still make this a winner.

-DM Jeff

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
theredrobedwizard said:
Play the Best Song in the World, Or I'll Eat Your Souls (Su) (1/Encounter): Each character within 30 feet of a Shiny Demon must make a DC 30 perform check or be the target of an Implosion spell (DC 29) and a Soul Trap spell (DC 29). Using this ability is an Immediate action.

This Is Just a Tribute (Su) (1/day): The character gains a +10 bonus to one perform check as an Immediate action. But makes all subsequent Perform checks at -10 penalty for one day.

GlassJaw

Hero
DM_Jeff said:
But #4 will be getting quite a bit of add-ons and fixin's from me when I run it. NPC interactions are nearly gone, with the exception of a discussion or two that *might* take place once in the dungeons. Otherwise it's a big fightfest start to finish. A good one, no doubt, but it suddenly seems lacking that element the first thre thrived on so well.

Possible spoilers:

The first thing I would probably do is make the dungeon levels larger but remove some of the baddies. I'm not a fan of the one-room, one-monster design.

I do like the mummy monk in the outside tower but I thought the tower itself wasn't detailed nearly enough. I would probably flesh out the tower a bit more and make it the entrance to the lower level and make the mummy the guardian to the library. As-is, the mummy is a cool enemy but seems out of place (one-room, one-monster syndrome again).

The one RP encounter in the dungeon is with the Conna, the stone giant sorceress. I thought the background on her was cool but again, the "payoff" for forming an alliance with her wasn't that spectacular at all. I would definitely get her more involved and help the PC's more than saying "go this way".

I would also make the library level feel more like an actual library instead of a bunch of square rooms connected together, each with a different monster.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads