• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Palladium Announces New TMNT Kickstarter

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles TTRPG is back with new art in a pair of deluxe hardcovers.

TMNT-RPG-Promo.jpg

Palladium Books has announced the return of the official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles roleplaying game. Out of print for decades, the 1985 game is coming back as a pair of full-colour hardcovers featuring new artwork. It will be hitting Kickstarter on October 31st and will also include miniatures, dice, and more. You can sign up to the pre-launch page here.

Westland, MI – October 13, 2023 – Palladium Books and Paramount Consumer Products have joined forces to reissue the ever-popular role-playing game Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles & Other Strangeness.

The beloved, out-of-print Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles role-playing game and its sourcebooks are sought-after collector items that have enthralled generations since its release in 1985 as one of the first licensed TMNT products. They are returning to print as two deluxe hardcover collections of the RPG and sourcebooks. Each is being completely remastered by industry veteran Sean Owen Roberson and presented in full color, and Kevin Eastman, co-creator of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, will also provide a new painted cover.

Bonus material includes an array of new artwork, never before seen behind-the-scenes info and art, plus remembrances and tributes by renowned comic book and RPG creators including Eastman, Peter Laird, Freddie E. Williams II, Steven Cummings, Sophie Campbell, David Petersen and many more.

“This is incredibly exciting! I am 1000% onboard to help bring this historic and original TMNT Role Playing Game series back in a truly deluxe collector’s edition that will thrill original fans and open the door for new ones,” said Eastman. “I've made all my archives available for expanded behind-the-scenes content as well as a few top secret surprises you need to be part of. Stay tuned!”

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles & Other Strangeness Kickstarter

The Kickstarter campaign, launching October 31, 2023,
will offer a host of mind-blowing Kickstarter exclusives: TMNT miniatures based on the role-playing game, dice sets, variant book covers, art prints by legacy TMNT creatives, a card deck, and more, including special stretch goals to entice role-playing fans and TMNT fans alike. All products ship in 2024. To be among the first to hear about the entire exciting slate of releases, creators, exclusives and stretch goals to be unlocked with your support, be sure to go to the Kickstarter page and subscribe for updates.

giant.robot

Adventurer
I’ve played Savage Worlds a few times and have some of the books. Other than the “officialness” of a licensed product, what would you need to play TMNT with Savage Worlds?
Some sort of document describing TMNT-stuff in Savage Worlds? If such a thing exists I had never seen it but I'm not a super Savage Worlds players so there could be a whole universe of Savage Worlds content I have no idea about.

MGibster

Legend
I’ve played Savage Worlds a few times and have some of the books. Other than the “officialness” of a licensed product, what would you need to play TMNT with Savage Worlds?
I ran a TMNT game using Savage Worlds a few years back, and you really don't need anything more than the main book. There are rules for creating your own race, and I had the players use that to come up with their mutant animal. The only thing I did was an Edge called Full Human Looks which meant the PC looked like a regular human, but none of the players took it. Full Human Looks was an option during character generation in the old TMNT and Other Strangeness RPG.

They're only interested in doing the edgier iterations of the Turtles, being convinced that the kid's cartoon is what killed the original TTRPG line. (I'd point out they also never made an effort to pivot to that younger audience, but if they don't feel inspired to work with the more widely-marketed incarnations, that's a legit creative choice.)
The excuse one Palladium representative said to me when I tried to buy TMNT and Other Strangeness 2 years ago was that no self-respecting teenager wanted to buy a RPG based off a kiddie cartoon. This was after the first TMNT cartoon came out. Since then there have been a couple of slightly edgier TMNT cartoons that have come out. There was the 2003 version that more closely followed Eastman and Laird's original work. Then there was that CGI one where April was a Human/Krang hybrid with psychic powers. 😋

Of these two, I would like to see a TMNT RPG based off of the 2003 series. :)

RareBreed

Adventurer
I recall owning TMNT and making characters in our group for it, but I don't actually recall any of the sessions :)

Still, I've got quite a bit of nostalgia for it, and I just recently bought Mutants in the Now and Mutants in the Next (Julian, if you're reading this, while the type font is reminiscent of the original TMNT, it does bother this 50-something year old's eyes :) Any possibility of a different font edition?)

One game I never played but always wanted to was Albedo, another furry animals/anthropomorphic game. Not sure what is causing the resurgence in Anthropomorphic RPG's, but it's a welcome change. Maybe I'll dust off Mouse Guard and give it a proper reading finally.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads