• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Paizo's Pathfinder, Pair of questions

Hjorimir

Adventurer
Erik-

I think I read this somewhere, but I can't seem to find it now. Do subscribers get both the hardcopy and PDFs for each issue of Pathfinder at the one price?

Thanks.

Welverin

First Post
JoeGKushner said:
THat's not noted in the follow over of sub monies, but I take it is included? (Or maybe I just missed it cause I swore it noted I'd get a few issues for my dung/drag subs and the PDFs.)

I saw the answer to the player's guide question over at paizo.com, and it was no.

The free guide is only for people who sign up for the ongoing sub before the first issue is released.

Of course it's only two dollars, so if you miss it for some reason, not exactly a big deal.

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
I have another question: Dungeon was obviously geared towards DMs, but Dragon had a lot of player oriented material in it. Pathfinder, as an adventure path, really isn't suited to players (I would be a little PO'd if I subscribed as DM and found my players had as well).

What is Paizo planning, if anything, to provide new material for the players?

Sorry, I missed this thread when I started a new one.

Are they all going to be set in the same world? One of the great things about Dungeon was the variety of adventures published. You'd have gritty quasi industrial adventures like the Styes/Scuttlecove settings, traditional Greyhawk adventures, Eberron, etc. If you didnt like one style, you had others to pick from that month alone. If they are all set in the same world, it cuts back on that variety.

I'm a little done with low magic, medieval europe clones myself, but if Pathfinder works to mix things up I'm definately on board.

And again... a Styes adventure path would rock.

mhacdebhandia

Explorer
I don't work for Paizo, but I did read about the setting of Pathfinder over on their forums.

Basically, they've sketched out a really large world, and all Pathfinder and GameMastery adventures will take place within it. We can therefore assume that variety in tone and setting will come from exploring different areas of the evolving setting.

If you look at the descriptions of the first six issues, there are several different kinds of articles supplementing the adventures:

• A description of the town of Sandpoint
  • Details on the fallen empire of Thassilon
  • A description of the city of Magnimar
  • Details on Desna, the goddess of travel and dreams
  • Rules for maintaining and running a castle
  • A description of the wilderness region in which Rise of the Runelords takes place
  • Information on the stone giants of the region
  • Details on the goddess of monsters
  • Information on the dragons of the region
  • Details of the lost sin magic of Thassilon
  • A description of the ruined city of Xin-Shalast
  • Information on the villainous mastermind of the Adventure Path
  • Roughly a half-dozen new monsters in every issue, which either appear in the adventure or are thematically appropriate to be added to it
As James Jacobs put it, each adventure runs to roughly 50 pages, leaving 46 more for supplementary material of this type.

What I don't see are things like prestige classes, feats, spells, and so on, but there's plenty of room for that sort of thing in the supplementary articles. A fifteen-page article on stone giants could easily present giant-related feats and prestige classes, both for the giants themselves and their enemies.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Welverin said:
I saw the answer to the player's guide question over at paizo.com, and it was no.

The free guide is only for people who sign up for the ongoing sub before the first issue is released.

Of course it's only two dollars, so if you miss it for some reason, not exactly a big deal.

How much of a sub? A full year or something? I'm down to two issues with my 'switch' over but it's a lot of money to sub to for a full year with no physical copy to pursue ahead of time.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads