• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Paizo Site is Down, Do They Have the Licence?

dmccoy1693

Adventurer
Paizo has been down most of the morning. I was able to log on early on, but then, nothing. Other paizo regulars I have talked to have the same problem. While there are many good reasons why it might go down (hacked, revamping, clean up, etc), one possible reason is that they just got the GSL and are in closed session meetings.

Thoughts? Speculations? Anyone from another company care to confirm that they have the GSL or from WotC saying they sent out the GSL? (And for the record, Lisa from Paizo said that the NDA does not allow for them to discuss what is in the GSL, not whether or not they received it.)

BlackMoria

First Post
Why would one shut down their website for closed door meetings?

It could be as simple an explanation as network problems. They happen.

dmccoy1693

Adventurer
BlackMoria said:
Why would one shut down their website for closed door meetings?

Some do that to draw attenction to themselves just before a big announcement. Kinda like halting trading on the NY Stock Exchange for a day. When they start trading again, its because they have a big announcement to make. Prevents insider trading and draws attenciton.

But yes, it could be simple network trouble. But you never know....

AZRogue

First Post
dmccoy1693 said:
Some do that to draw attenction to themselves just before a big announcement.

Thank you dmccoy1693, I was wondering if I was the only one having problems. I imagine it's just networking issues as the entire site is down, not just a section of the message boards or anything else. Hopefully it's fixed soon. :)

Cadfan

First Post
Paizo released a miniature line just yesterday, based on the Pathfinder modules. The miniatures are mostly pretty good. I don't know if that would be enough to screw their site, but its a thought.

sunmaster

First Post
Or maybe, the WotC people are raiding the Paizo halls.

And just at this minute they are 0wn1ng the boss monster Eric :lol:
while chatting what loot he will drop.

takasi

First Post
They did begin moderating their message boards in the last few days. Perhaps they made a change to their software, or perhaps they received some type of attack.

Or maybe they installed something for a new sale and it got hosed. Or maybe it's just network problems.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads