• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Paizo shipping and customer service

JustKim

First Post
I'm not a fan of Paizo due to some of their business practices, but when it comes to customer service they are really polite and helpful. My experiences with customer service have been only pleasant and constructive. It's hard for me to accept that they might be ignoring your messages, as during Christmas there were many, many people clamoring for delayed Green Ronin orders (a fault of the ordering system), and all concerns were resolved personally.

Jubilee

First Post
I've never had trouble with stuff getting to me in a timely manner, but then I'm not very far south of their headquarters, so even things shipped through USPS get to me in a matter of days.. ;)

This year my husband ordered something either the day before or the day after Christmas, and they got it out within a few days, which was pretty impressive, considering the holidays.

However, except for pathfinder/dungeon/dragon subscriptions, I usually order Paizo product through my FLGS, because I like to support them, so I don't know how Paizo's shipping on other products is.

/ali

sckeener

First Post
I've only had good service. When something didn't arrive, they sent another.

During x-mas, I changed an order 3 times via customer service and they got the order right.

I had one order delayed, but it is finally shipping.

They've always responded to my emails though it has taken a few days sometimes to respond.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience and hope it was a fluke.

Shade

Monster Junkie
I've always found their customer service to be very responsive and far superior to most companies I've had to deal with.

Beckett

Explorer
My personal experience has been pretty good. Had one issue of Dungeon or Dragon not arrive, but they quickly sent a replacement. It is a little annoying that there isn't anywhere to cancel subscriptions on the subscription page.

Looking on their CS board, it looks like there are still several people waiting on refund checks from their leftover subscriptions. I think I'd be pretty pissed off in their shoes.

Castellan

First Post
I had the pleasure of visiting the Paizo office last spring just prior to the Dungeon and Dragon announcements. It was a great experience (went for a job interview, but ultimately couldn't accept even though their offer was very tempting) and I was given the nickel tour.

Fact is, it's a small office, with a close-knit group of people all working to make things happen. As with a lot of small companies, sometimes everyone has to wear multiple hats, and I got the impression that packaging sales was one of those areas. I believe I recall hearing something about "packing parties" to encourage folks to stay and help get things out the door when a large number of orders come in.

In the case of the holiday season, I can imagine that their office got completely swamped with orders and that many things slipped through the cracks. I can understand why someone might think they don't have their act together, but I don't think that's the case at all. Don't forget that these people are really passionate about what they do and they really do want to get these products to you.

If you have an issue with them, send another email or give them another call and I'm sure things will work out. I very much agree with the above suggestion that you keep trying until you get a real person -- especially if it's a busy time.

Arnwyn

First Post
I have had terrible experiences with Paizo's shipping (missing Dungeon and Dragon issues, very slow shipping until it hits the Canadian border when it then speeds up incredibly with the far superior Canada Post, a flat-out missing book in an order) but excellent excellent experience with their customer service. Did I mention excellent? Because they're excellent.

They get back to me quickly, and always make it right. It's a pain having to go through it in the first place, but they do what they can to minimize that pain.

(My most recent snafu is they didn't include one book in my order at all. They got back to me the same day as I sent them the message, and they'll include that missing book in my next Pathfinder shipment, which will be quite soon.)

Remove ads