• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E [Paizo] Paizo wants your opinions... Why?

haiiro

First Post
Endur said:
I'm not a fan of Reviews in Dragon; I've been reading Dragon since issue #40, and I don't think a Dragon review has ever influenced me. With the web, reviews are even less necessary.

Even though I use the web for reviews (mainly EN World, but also RPG.net and others), I sometimes miss the reviews from Dragon. They were generally very well done, covered interesting products (things I would never have known about otherwise, although that's less of a factor these days), and generally followed themes -- which I thought was a great idea: pick three universal systems and review all three, etc. I've been reading Dragon since the mid/late 100s, and I was often influenced by the reviews.

I got less mileage out of the fiction reviews, but they did turn me on to more than a few authors over the years.

That said, I think there are better niches for reviews than Dragon, and I'm content with their absence.

The thing I get the least out of is the fiction. I've probably read two or three stories in the past 13+ years, and even though those few were quite good, Dragon just isn't (and won't be) where I look for fiction.

Remove ads